Anonymous
Share your upgrading experiences in this thread!!
  • 2007/8/28 14:30

• Anonymous

• Since:

Okay.... I'll go first

2.0.16 to 2.0.17 upgrade

I've downloaded the correct files from Sourceforge and upgraded my testbed site (which is an exact mirror of my public site) and one word for it...... painless

I had a few very minor "issues"; I say issues when really they were nothing more than "eyebrow raisers" :

1. Bearing in mind that I've been on 2.0.16 since it came out, the upgrade script said that I was on 2.0.15 so went to 2.0.16 and then to 2.0.17. No big deal and maybe I didn't upgrade properly last time?

2. A strange character appeared before the "copyright" symbol in a couple of places - easily edited out in "preferences".

3. The "Readme" file doesn't tell the user to update the System module in Admin after the upgrade; I got the previously reported "hover-menu" issue in modules admin before the system module was updated.

Tip:
If your user-menu is in the left column of your site, then after logging in and clicking "administration menu", move your mouse to the right of the screen before the page reloads so that your mouse isn't over the module icons

The good news is that, so far as I can tell, everything is working well which means that I'm a very happy bunny indeed

Anonymous
Re: Share your upgrading experiences in this thread!!
  • 2007/8/28 14:38

• Anonymous

• Since:

Whoo-Hoo!!!!

I'm now a very happy bunny indeed...............

..... debugging now works across my whole site. Previously it only worked in Admin and I used to get "blank-screen syndrome" on the site itself.

Like I said...... Whoo-Hoo!!!

McDonald
  • 2007/8/28 15:10

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Oke, my turn!

Updated my (stable ) XOOPS 2.2.4 website to XOOPS 2.2.5 two days ago.
First a small test on my testserver. Here I found out that the hack for the above & below center blocks was still not added to 2.2.5 while it has been added to XOOPS 2.0.x a 'long time ago'. So added the hack and uploaded the files to my server.
Everything seems to work fine, didn't spot any weird things so far!

...only these issues with calendar and the long horizontal line in the Modules Administration menu still exists...

Resized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized Image

Anonymous
  • 2007/8/28 15:46

• Anonymous

• Since:

Okay....... I have an issue with my site after upgrade:

I am getting strange characters appearing in some modules (so far wiwimod 0.08.3, SmartSection 2.13, wflinks 1.03b):

1. ’ has replaced an apostrophe in some places (wf-links, wiwimod)
2. Â appears after punctuation marks and at other places (wiwimod, SmartSection)

So far as I can tell, other modules are unaffected.

Whilst I can edit-out the errors I'd prefer not to have to do so

So far as I can tell, other modules are not affected and everything is otherwise working okay.

Any ideas?

skenow
  • 2007/8/28 18:05

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Sounds to me like a non-standard character being used and not being interpreted correctly. I've seen problems were Microsoft uses non-standard curly quotes and you will see those displayed as you describe. Here's a page about curly quotes -http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/quotes-in-html.html

davidl2
  • 2007/8/28 19:28

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

No major issues... yet

Anonymous
  • 2007/8/28 20:12

• Anonymous

• Since:

Very interesting - just upgraded my public site but this time I did it with "Check templates for modifications ?" set to "Yes".

Everything as it should be - no "dodgy characters" to be seen

McDonald
  • 2007/8/29 14:45

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Thought that the released XOOPS 2.2.5 was a final but according to XoopsInfo it seems to be 2.2.5 RC3

homergz
  • 2007/8/29 15:33

• homergz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/21

Flawless. I upgraded from 2.0.16 to 2.0.17 on a live server and did a fresh install of 2.0.17 on a test server. Both installed without a problem and so far so good. Good job.

Anonymous
  • 2007/9/3 10:58

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
JAVesey wrote:

Okay....... I have an issue with my site after upgrade:

I am getting strange characters appearing in some modules (so far wiwimod 0.08.3, SmartSection 2.13, wflinks 1.03b):

1. ’ has replaced an apostrophe in some places (wf-links, wiwimod)
2. Â appears after punctuation marks and at other places (wiwimod, SmartSection)

Sorry for "doing a Lazarus" on this thread but I thought it best to report back.

The problem was nothing to do with XOOPS or the upgrade to 2.0.17 - it was caused by a faulty database backup script which had been very recently modified by my host.

I will be doing manual backups via phpmyadmin from now on

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits