Macskosz
Bulk deleting accounts
  • 2007/8/27 14:38

• Macskosz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/27

Hello,

I would like to delete those users from our site who registered but never logged in.
Although the search function in the Admin menu ---> Users ---> Find users returns the list of those who meet the criteria, and I can select all of them on the actual page, still, all I can do with them in bulk is only sending them email, by clicking on the drop-down menu on the bottom (this is the only one available option there).

Can anyone help with how to include the delete function in the drop-down menu?

I did a search on the XOOPS site and skimmed through the documentations too but did not find the answer.
Thanks a lot!

M.

markesh
Re: Bulk deleting accounts
  • 2007/8/27 16:13

• markesh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/14

Hi, Macskosz,

the function should be availabe exactly where you're looking for it.

I'd recommend to re-tranfer the /modules/system/admin.php to your server.

kind regards
markesh
First German XOOPS book: XOOPS-Buch.de

biomech
  • 2007/8/28 15:24

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/25

I'm also having the same problem. I have /modules/system/admin.php active and running, but it only gives the option to email users...

Thanks for any pointers,

- b -

khuhner
  • 2007/8/28 17:08

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

Quote:

Macskosz wrote:
Hello,

I would like to delete those users from our site who registered but never logged in.
Although the search function in the Admin menu ---> Users ---> Find users returns the list of those who meet the criteria, and I can select all of them on the actual page, still, all I can do with them in bulk is only sending them email, by clicking on the drop-down menu on the bottom (this is the only one available option there).

Can anyone help with how to include the delete function in the drop-down menu?

I did a search on the XOOPS site and skimmed through the documentations too but did not find the answer.
Thanks a lot!

M.

Use the Find feature but enter a large value in the "Days Since Last Login". Then when you get the results, select the single checkbox at the top and change the selector from Email Users, to Delete" and go!

Good luck,
Kurt

Macskosz
  • 2007/8/29 6:41

• Macskosz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/27

Quote:

khuhner wrote:

Use the Find feature but enter a large value in the "Days Since Last Login". Then when you get the results, select the single checkbox at the top and change the selector from Email Users, to Delete" and go!

Good luck,
Kurt

Well, this is exactly my problem. I have no such as "Delete". I have only "Email Users". I need "Delete" desperately. heeeelp please

-------------
Markesh,

That does not seem work either. I wonder if it can be a version problem. Which version of XOOPS do you use?

Anyone else... any other idea?

M.

zyspec
  • 2007/8/29 14:20

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

I agree that it would be good to know the XOOPS version so we can figure out what's going on....

You can do this with a relatively easy MySQL query using your control panel (e.g. cpanel in most Linux installations).

The delete query will be for the 'users' table and the criteria should just include 'level == 0 AND last_login == 0'. This will delete all users who haven't activated their account. You can add an additional criteria to check the date of 'user_regdate' to only delete items older than a week ago (for example).

If this is something that you want to do 'regularly' then you might want to create a PHP script, put it into your /modules/system/admin folder with the appropriate rights checking in the file (e.g. Xoopsuser defined and check status of admin rights). Then you could just involk the file whenever you wanted to purge the accounts that haven't been activated.

tzvook
  • 2007/9/23 15:39

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hello All
For the first time I need to delete a lot of users and .... yes .... the delete option is gone (at least at the 2.2.x series) ... this is bad !!!
Of course it can be done via phpmyAdmin ... but is very valu=able option for the profile module which is lake of so much features (the most is import-export in CSV format ...

markesh
  • 2007/9/24 11:29

• markesh

• Just popping in

Shalom, tzvook,

you could try the module xoopsmembers which is available for download on my website. I don't know whether it works with 2.2.

It's the same as the 2.0.x find user, but as a module. As an admin, you can do bulk deletion.

There's also an article in German language. Please use translate.google.com or babelfsh for translation.

hth & kind regards
wa drishat shalom la aretz

markesh/karim

tzvook
  • 2007/9/24 15:18

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

markesh wrote:
Shalom, tzvook,

you could try the module xoopsmembers which is available for download on my website. I don't know whether it works with 2.2.

It's the same as the 2.0.x find user, but as a module. As an admin, you can do bulk deletion.

There's also an article in German language. Please use translate.google.com or babelfsh for translation.

hth & kind regards
wa drishat shalom la aretz

markesh/karim

Shalom markesh
I tryed that old 1.3.x series module (xoopsmembers) but it didn't gave me any link to it in the 2.2.x series, so I gave it up, but now I tryed it again and simply tryed www.myxoopsurl/modules/xoopsmembers/ and ... it works but is not deleting or editing users.
I had to delete 350 users manually, hope it'll be fixed in the next version ( the combined 2.2.x and 2.0.x version )

If someone out there is listening ... yes ... up there .... a site admin will benefit some tools to work with his site members ... profiles module was a nice begining ... but just a begining ... I'm here for ideas if one would take the chalange to spit some light on xoop's site members or maybe (just maybe) the ability (god forgive) to manipulate users and import-export to csv and so ...

Dash from IL ... to NL
Hag Sameah

markesh
  • 2007/9/24 17:28

• markesh

• Just popping in

Shalom, Dash,

chaval meod -- bad to hear this...

another solution would be phpMyAdmin (in XOOPS 2.0.16, the users are stored in the XOOPS DB table "users"), but that's horrible, too.

Let's hope that sb will hear your prayer and show mercy

good luck
markesh/karim

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits