mjmurphy5371
Database error

When trying to add a link to my website www.midwestwakeboarder.com I get the following error:

Error Code: 0013

ERROR: Could not query the database.
Error: Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

Now due to a horrible unethical designer this is just one of MANY errors I have on my website that I prepaid for these installations.

Does ANYONE have any advice on how I could fix these? I don't program, nor even no how to install a XOOPS module. I hired a designer in good faith to do these things who promptly took my payment and left me with a flawed website and I don't know what to do about it!

I have nearly 700 users who are sick and tired of everything going awry all the time, is there any reputable designers out there that might be willing to work on my site?

skenow
Re: Database error
  • 2007/8/26 21:51

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

hmm, this may be more of an after-effect of your recent attack and database troubles than something to continually rail on your designer -

Restoring a db can reset the autoincrement value for the index field of your links module (which one is it, btw?) You can change this using phpMyAdmin - locate the table in phpmyadmin, and look at the row information, there should be a value for 'Next autoindex'. If it says '0', you're going to have the problem you're describing.

To change it, first determine what value you are going to set. Browse the records and find the highest number for the index (ID) field, then go back to the table structure page. Click on Operations and scroll down to where the next autoindex value is. Type a number 1 more than the highest value you found and click the Go button.

Go back to your link page in your site and try to add another link - it should work just fine if this was the problem.

mjmurphy5371
Re: Database error

Quote:

skenow wrote:
hmm, this may be more of an after-effect of your recent attack and database troubles than something to continually rail on your designer -

I wish that were the case, this website was NOT attacked.

This is just one of many bugs that we have had since she charged us for work that involved her failure to safely switch us to her affiliate hosting company.

I appreciate your advice, but this is like a foreign language to me......ALL work on this website outside of adding, changing blocks and content was done by said designer.

Before hiring her, we had a properly functioning website thats only downfall was it took 2-3 seconds to load. Now it is much faster, but several modules don't work and 8 months of forum use (note: 80 percent of our forum use to that date) were completely wiped out along with many of our users.

We are VERY lucky we have over 600 loyal users that continue to visit and participate, but we are dying fast and this designer will be held to account for it all soon.

That all said, I hope nobody is afraid to work with us: we happily pay fees for work done and I could prove that with well over 1,000.00 in reciepts paid to that designer for constant upsales and "redesigns". (really, how many "themes" do I have to buy before you actually give me one that works?).

We need help, we need it fast, and we would like to build a lasting consulting relationship with a designer at the rate of 20 dollars per hour or flat fee pricing.

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits