BrideFan
Editing a single template file?
  • 2007/8/25 1:19

• BrideFan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/9 9

I'm trying to add a site tracking code to my website so I can get statistical data so I can better the overall site usage and direction. So I need to just add a couple lines of code to do this.

IS there 1 single template file where I can add the code and where do I find it? I've tried looking within my own site's files, but nothing jumps out and says "put the code in me"

I tried using the search but I'm guessing the 2 terms I used to search don't give me the results I'm looking for...it always ends up that way.

Thanks for any and all help!

aph3x
Re: Editing a single template file?
  • 2007/8/25 1:33

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

you can either set a bock visible on all pages, or edit your theme.html and place the code by hand wherever you want it to appear
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

BrideFan
  • 2007/8/25 9:21

• BrideFan

• Just popping in

I tried editing the theme.html for the only theme I have, but the 'program' that checks for the inclusion of the script reported that it didn't find it.

I'll try putting it in one of the blocks I've set for all pages and see if it find it then.

aph3x
  • 2007/8/25 12:55

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

after editing the theme, one MUST delete content of templates_c directory EXCEPT the index.html file...unless you previously set in preferences/general settings Check templates for modifications ? to Yes
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

Peekay
  • 2007/8/25 14:50

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

If you directly edit 'theme.html' you must have set the option if prefs to 'yes' to allow template modifications (can't remember the exact wording). If you don't do this, changes to your theme will not be reflected on the site.

-- Edit --

Sorry, DefianceBoy has already said it! 'Check templates for modifications' must be 'yes'. You should set this back to 'no' when you have finished making changes.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

BrideFan
  • 2007/8/25 15:50

• BrideFan

• Just popping in

Quote:

DefianceB0y wrote:
after editing the theme, one MUST delete content of templates_c directory EXCEPT the index.html file...unless you previously set in preferences/general settings Check templates for modifications ? to Yes

Okay that worked!!

Thanks for that info :)

Login

Who's Online

65 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 65

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits