khairulfaizi
Mail setup and mail to registered user error

Hi

Lately I've been having blank page in

1. System Admin --> Mail Setup
2. System Admin --> Mail User --> Email & Private message to registered Users

Both display a blank page.

After editing the include/common.php file and commenting all the entry in "Error reporting settings" except error_reporting(E_ALL); , I got this error message on both of the problem.

Quote:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 45 bytes) in /home/perlis/public_html/01/kernel/object.php on line 175

Below are my XOOPS website and server specifications

XOOPS 2.0.16
828 registered user

Operating system Linux
Kernel version 2.6.9-55.ELsmp
Machine Type i686
Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.7
PHP version 5.2.3
MySQL version 4.1.21-standard

I'm really grateful if someone can point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the trouble.

khairulfaizi
Re: Mail setup and mail to registered user error

Anyone? if just someone could point me in the right direction of troubleshooting this problem, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

rlankford
  • 2007/8/23 14:14

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

This probably won't help much...

You could try increasing the "memory_limit" in your php.ini file. Apparently, it's limited to 16 MB for any given page request.

I have to admit, though, 16 MB should probably be enough. My ISP for LankfordFamily.com has an 8 MB limit (I think), and I've never had a problem with it. If the code on your site has a real problem, then no amount of memory being thrown at it will fix it, so your mileage may very with this response!

Brahma
  • 2009/4/24 19:58

• Brahma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/28

ever find a solution to this? I have been working on upgrading my OLD XOOPS site (1.13) and the first step has been going to 2.0.13. When I first started playing with this the email setup page was working fine, but I've been doing a lot of different trial and error stuff trying to get other things working. then I started noticing that email setup (one of the big things for me for upgrading, email wouldn't work on the last installation due to ISP port blocking etc.) stopped working. Even if I reload the database and start with fresh XOOPS files, I'm getting the same thing. Any ideas?

Brahma
  • 2009/4/27 19:02

• Brahma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/28

I had this issue, I ended up going up to 64mb in the php.ini file before it would work. I expect the problem is that it loads every user in the drop down so that you can select who the mail will be 'from'. With a large user base, this could eat up a decent chunk of memory.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits