micromouse
When is the Modules Repository going to be OPEN again???
  • 2007/8/22 2:46

• micromouse

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/22

It's really been quite a long time since that sign when up...I'd put a XOOPS CMS for a college radio station on hold pending the release of the "new system" and put up a TikiWiki site as a temp solution (it blogs, forums and gens mini-sites for the shows pretty easily but it's really kloogee). Is the "new system" something we can expect in a month, 2...3??

At this point, given the HUGE amount of time that has passed, I believe it would be prudent to OPEN the repository again and resume normal operations under the last stable release pending at LEAST a Release Candidate for the "new system".

Holding module releases hostage pending a new system that has yet to leave the drawing board is poor policy.

chippyash
Re: When is the Modules Repository going to be OPEN again???
  • 2007/8/22 5:11

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

AFAIK, no one is looking after the module repository on an active basis here at xoops.org.

Two other sites have been set up as community sites

xoopsaddons.org which was supposed to be a new module repository but is currently offline. xoopsmoddev.org whic is up and running and is trying to be the new home for module developers.

You might try asking this question at xoopsinfo.com

Xoops 2.0.17 and 2.2.5 are currently under review prior to release. As for the 'new system', you'd have to ask phppp about that.

davidl2
  • 2007/8/22 5:50

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It has been waiting for some final updates on the downloads module, which are expected in the next couple of days, and relocating from it's temporary test location to a better server.

As Aktison says, if you want further updates as to when the site will be ready, keep an eye open at XOOPSInfo.com - as few of the Addons team frequent this site anymore.

davidl2
  • 2007/8/22 6:39

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I forgot to add: Status updates will be given via:
http://xoopsinfo.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=30

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits