catalin12345
xasset..functions..

can anybody tell me more exactly how this module is function?
okay so i put the module added an file for payed download!
My question are
1)The file to be downloaded needs to be payed right via paypal?After i receive the money he/she receive the link of download?
2)That link is everytime the same link or it is generated automaticaly and changes everytimes is maked an purchase?
3)Or that link for download i need to provide him via email?
So how is working more exactly if anybody can tell me that have used this module and knows exactly!
thanks!
Cool link real estate:
http://www.draculaestate.com/tools-and-support.html
Enjoy!

JCDunnart
Re: xasset..functions..
  • 2007/5/19 5:28

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

No sorry, I don't use it. Maybe someone else knows?

jdseymour

When someone makes a payment in the latest version 0.93 I think, he will receive a receipt via e-mail, and the link to the download will be visible to the user under the "My Downloads" sublink in the main menu.

HTH.

catalin12345

can you have me to my mail:houseraddicted@yahoo.com the version 0.93 i have 0.86!
oky but how long will be visible?
if he share the link to another because she or he sees the link after he pay and can share with others and gives the dwl link to an friend
that friend can download or no?
Because this an insecurity that is not very good!

jdseymour

In the settings (when setting up an application) you set the max downloads as well as the length of time available.

(And no sorry, cannot send the version I have to you until the legal matters are cleared up with the program. As far as I remember there was something about the gateway not being gpl released either on McNaz's site, or in the readme.)

As far as downloadable merchandise, I am now using CubeCart for that purpose. (Trying to move from xasset).

catalin12345

this cubecart as i see is almost the same thing with oscommerce right or?
with cube cart i can sell downlodable products like :books,documents,mp3,etc?!
what payment types do they support?
cube cart is available as an module for XOOPS too?
ps.:as i know if someone made something under gpl license that will be until the version he latest release under gpl license!
if he doesnt want to make the module available through gpl he can make that module payable or something to receive money but he must another version that haves not been released as gpl he must release that under commercial and can have many other functions or support that the gpl version doesnt haves!
Anyhow i don`t know all the time we fight around here normaly we should serve the world and unite for an better XOOPS but as i see most people haves fight instead of helping us each other!
i think is more better to participate to help community not to fight on each other like some childhoods!
anyhow that`s only my opion anyhow who wants can blame me for thinking that way but i will not change the way i think!
I always judge the people after the way they think not on the way they look!

catalin12345

so what is the status of this module xasset?!hmm

catalin12345

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
In the settings (when setting up an application) you set the max downloads as well as the length of time available.

(And no sorry, cannot send the version I have to you until the legal matters are cleared up with the program. As far as I remember there was something about the gateway not being gpl released either on McNaz's site, or in the readme.)

As far as downloadable merchandise, I am now using CubeCart for that purpose. (Trying to move from xasset).

jd:
if an site is selling digital products let`s say tutorials it is legaly or not?
I meen more exactly let`s say i have more tutorials but not all the tutorials are mine and i wish to sell them as digital products let`s say an user must pay 0.5$ for an tutorial but that tutorial is not writed by me personaly is there any law or something illegaly in this?
Thanks again guys!Xoops rocks...

jdseymour

You would (legally) need permission from the author to distribute. Tutorials like mine for instance is like a slide show if images shown in sequence, any image is automatically copywrited by the author (creator). Written tutorials the same thing applies, unless utherwise stated assume that the work is copywrite protected.

Peekay
  • 2007/7/27 22:52

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Zen Cart also does digital music downloads, plus sample MP3 clips. A PayPal IPN payment module is included.

Personally, if you are selling anything online I would recommend linking your XOOPS site to a professional, well supported ecommerce application as jdseymour is doing.

You can't re-sell other people's tutorials, guides or e-books online without the author's approval. Your host will almost certainly close your account under their AUP if they receive a complaint. However, I believe there are a lot of authors looking for outlets and are prepared to let the site owner make a profit.

A search for e-books may be worthwhile.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits