Anonymous
x_movie support site ?
  • 2007/7/26 13:46

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi,

Who is develope and support x_movie module ? and is official x_movie display youtube movies or I need to add the hack ?

optikool
Re: x_movie support site ?
  • 2007/7/26 16:41

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

I have been working on the x_movie module. I don't know what happened to the original creator, but I needed this modules to support divx movies so I took over the project. Yes it does support youtube videos.

jfmoore
  • 2007/7/29 14:53

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Quote:

optikool wrote:
I have been working on the x_movie module. I don't know what happened to the original creator, but I needed this modules to support divx movies so I took over the project. Yes it does support youtube videos.

Good to know development will continue. Please keep us posted on your progress.

optikool
  • 2007/7/30 2:11

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

If there are any issues with the current module just post and I will take a look at it. The latest version that I have worked on can be found here....http://www.optikool.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=4

konaafob
  • 2007/8/1 10:02

• konaafob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/10

Thanks optikool for taking up this project.

here is what I noticed

1. I uploaded *.mpeg video but I don't see it anywhere.
2. I tried to add youtube video and for image selection I selected "Auto" but still image didn't showup.

Can you please tell me what % of work is completed so far.

Once again thanks for taking up this module.

Regards,
Kona

optikool
  • 2007/8/1 15:26

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Konaafob,

There isn't a percentage of completed on this module as since I don't use all the features I don't no what's all broken. But if you tell me what issues you are having problems with I will take down a list and work on them. I will look into the problem with mpeg video and the auto select feature. When I read through the code of this module I don't remember seeing an option for mpeg video and didn't no anybody that would stream this format. But I agree it should be an option so I will add it.

Thanks for the info.

Optikool

konaafob
  • 2007/8/2 0:09

• konaafob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/10

Thanks optikool. I saw video upload feature and when I uploaded the file it uploaded but I don't see the uploaded files in uploads folder ( which I created and changed the permissions to 777 ) or I don't it in the files to be Approved list.

Do you have any plans to convert the uploaded videos into .FLV files ?

optikool
  • 2007/8/2 14:46

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

konaafob, I will find out why the uploads are not being seen and release an update. As for the FLV I hadn't thought of doing a conversion to FLV because it reminds me of youtube video and how poor quality they turn out to be, but I will see about adding that into the next version as an option to be enabled or disabled.

optikool
  • 2007/8/2 18:14

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

An updated version of x_movie as been uploaded to my site to address the file upload problem. This should also fix the mpeg movies not playing. If you are having a problem with files not uploading, make sure you set your memory_limit, post_max_size and upload_max_filesize in your php.ini file... normally located in /etc/php.ini. Also be sure you set your "Movie Upload path" and "Image upload path (for thumbnails) to 777 permissions. Let me know if this is still a problem.

http://www.optikool.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=4

mrphilong
  • 2007/8/2 23:33

• mrphilong

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/7/14

hi optikool,

Glad you take on the project. I found a newer version of x_movie X_movie v1.7 - Custom v2.5.10 here, it would be nice to hookup with them to develope the module.

I have a little problem on your version as well as the 2.5.10, when clicking

Highest Rated = I get => _MI_X_MOVIE_SMNAME3

Most Viewed = I get => _MI_X_MOVIE_SMNAME2

Submit A Film = I get => _MI_X_MOVIE_SMNAME1

displayed in the top left hand side of the browser. I have change my theme to the default but didn't help. Here is the link to my website.
www.UcChau.Net
www.XoopsViet.Org

Login

Who's Online

122 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 122

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits