spgster
Publish full news article instead of "teaser"
  • 2007/7/23 7:01

• spgster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/20

Hi,

very new to XOOPS. Looks like it may be able to do what I need.
I am re-writing our rugby club website to be more interactive for the club members. ( www.suttonrugby.co.uk )

I need to port all the data across, which is all currently stored in the DB, and I am trying to find the best modules for the job.

Anyway, I am making inroads into this, but need some help with the XOOPS news module.

I don't want to bother showing the teaser which shows by default. I need to show the full news entry, for each news entry (if you look on the old site you'll see what I mean).

Can anyone help me to achieve this? I assume I need to modify a template of some sort..

Steve

christian
Re: Publish full news article instead of "teaser"
  • 2007/7/23 7:16

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

You can publish the totality of the contents of your article in the scoop.

Extended Text is optional, thus your article will post itself in only once and the link read more will not be displayed.

spgster
  • 2007/7/23 7:29

• spgster

• Just popping in

Great!

Thank very much. it works!

Next question then..
We run several sides (seniors, and childrens sides each containing different agegroups). Each team has its own mini website which consists of a simle page built up of the following:

1. Default section shown on all team pages
2. List of contacts for that team, pulled from the DB
3. Section of news for that specific team (again pulled from the DB)
4. List of fixtures for that team (and guess what? Pulled from the DB)

The sites are maintained by each team captain/manager using a simple admin screen that I wrote in PHP.

if you look at the old site (www.suttonrugby.co.uk), and go to one of the team pages, can anyone think of a simple module or a the best way to replicate this within XOOPS?

Oh, a link to the new under construction site is at www.suttonrugby.co.uk/newsite

Steve

christian
  • 2007/7/23 7:56

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

Look user page module is adapted to your need

spgster
  • 2007/7/24 7:00

• spgster

• Just popping in

Hi,

I looked at the user page module but that was not quite what I need - I would need to create a user per page in order to get all the teams onto a menu.

There must be a way to create a page that will sit inside the XOOPs framework that can be displayed in a multi-level menu block.

I looked at the Content module by davinci, which is so close to what I need. It lets me make a custom menu with each menu item a link to a page. What I am not sure how to do is get the content to display a page from within a content block so as to keep the lovelly XOOPs styling etc..

Getting there slowly though..

Steve

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits