script_fu
Re: Do not put subsites under a different toplevel domain

phppp wrote:
Quote:
However, I would like to express my personal opinion, more exactly, to repeat: I am strongly loyal to the XOOPS Project, I would prefer to see all official project sites under the same top domain of xoops.org

Thank you for this DJ!

irmtfan
  • 2007/7/13 4:13

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

6 month later ... there is some disagrement in the group of people that runs the site (the community ... but still some people need to be in charge as you wont have 10.000 people with admin rights on that site, right?) Now the owner of the domain gets so mad about the disagreement that he shuts down the site. Forums would be gone and content would be gone.

i think at leaset we can avoid this very simple.
- domains should transfer to the LTD and registrar should be Foundation like xoopsinfo.com
- monthly backup (files and database) should send to Foundation as well
alos in my personal opinion i dont have any problem with 2 forums one located here for project and one in XI.

also i like a multi-site login as DJ

seth_sd
  • 2007/7/13 4:21

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Quote:

phppp wrote:
Quote:

seth_sd wrote:

It's all so confusing and I don't understand why DJ doesn't comunicate. The xoopsinfo thing just strikes me as confusing and unnecessary. This whole thing could be done under the .xoops.org domain with LDAP and nobody would need to register anywhere or go to different sites to do different things.

Sorry for the confusions.
The project is not managed or by one single individual, it is worked on by project teams and project council.
However, I would like to express my personal opinion, more exactly, to repeat: I am strongly loyal to the XOOPS Project, I would prefer to see all official project sites under the same top domain of xoops.org

Quote:

Following this project has become mind boggling. We have these teams, many comprised of people that are new to the project (not a bad thing mind you) reinventing the wheel. Migrating to new servers, adding the sub-domains, doing a site redesign and getting on with the latest release should be well on their way to being done. Instead we're still debating all this stuff again and again!

Along with teams establishment, the works are going to be carried out by corresponding teams.
As you can see, the community coordinator team and design team have been established with their reports.
If you have any suggestion or any task you would like to help, please contact the teams or ask help from the coordinator team.

The teams are looking forward to your participation.

Hey DJ,

First of all, thanks for your hard work and technical expertise that have allowed XOOPS to continue to prosper. I don't envy the position that you are in....It's a tough one.

I would be more than willing to help out and did offer my time and energy in an earlier post:

Quote:
The idea of a XOOPS advisory team is excellent.

I am the Director of Information Technology for a publicly traded medical device firm in San Diego,CA. We made a strategic decision to use XOOPS as our Intranet Portal well over 3 years ago and am very interested in its continued success. In addition, we have made Open Source software a critical part of our IT strategy by moving all of our core applications and storage to Linux.

I have over 10 years of experience planning and implementing IT projects ranging from ERP to Storage to Network Infrastructure.

XOOPS is one of the best Open Source products I have ever come across. The news of the last couple of days is an excellent development and I would be happy to help in any way that I can.

Hopefully, my experience and willingness to use XOOPS strategically in a corporate environement allows me to contribute in a meaningful way as XOOPS heads in a new direction.

The advisory team proposal by PHPPP is exactly what I am capable of offering the community if you'll be kind enough to have me.

Thank You,
Seth Miller

I am open to step in in anyway you need me. Maybe I should have been a little more persistent after posting this but I never heard from anyone.

I am perfectly capable of offering up strategic planning, technical support/Server configurations and network/infrastructure design.This may very well be important especially in regards to utilizing sub-domains instead of moving this content all around different domains/hosting facilities.

I have designed and implemented many multi-tier applications in high profile settings where its success directly reflected on me. I have taken my hits, learned my lessons and hopefully have some wisdom to bring to the table.

It's my opinion that the developers need to get on with the work at hand and with the help of some project type people that have the experience to mobilize the assets that exist around here, we could move this thing forward rather quickly. I have seen many smart people around here that have tons of experience and may only be able to participate one project at a time....Let's utilize them.

If I can help, let me know.

Seth
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

BlueStocking

Your help is going to be very much appreciated...
SailJapan may be getting with you if he hasn't already.

There is definately a place for willing workers with your talents.

cya
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

draj
  • 2007/7/16 7:45

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hi DJ,
Quote:

phppp wrote:
I am strongly loyal to the XOOPS Project, I would prefer to see all official project sites under the same top domain of xoops.org

Your problem is that you are not able to accept loyality by several others who have been associated directly or indirectly with xoops.

It is therefore, I regard you as a very good developer, at the sametime a disaster as a team leader, while appreciating your contribution to the project overall.

sailjapan

@draj

Here's an idea. Join a team. Do something positive. Make a difference.

Just moaning isn't going to do you or the project any good.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

draj
  • 2007/7/16 8:33

• draj

• Quite a regular

Hi,
Quote:

sailjapan wrote:
Here's an idea. Join a team. Do something positive.

Oh dear,...

I was just wondering, if you thought of myself (and others...) to be a really young, inexperienced or naive person!

However thanks for the advice!!!

mortuk
  • 2007/7/16 9:14

• mortuk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/13

isnt mr draj in moduel team?

sailjapan

Is he? I only saw these names:

Quote:
akitson wrote:

akitson - Team Leader
vaughan (aka m0nty)
deepy (aka xoops_gold)
sulco
wtravel
solo71
mboyden
dhsoft

Off Topic, but is there actually a mod.dev team? I read here that the modules team was no longer in existence.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

draj
  • 2007/7/16 10:13

• draj

• Quite a regular

Hi,
Quote:

sailjapan wrote:
Is he? I only saw these names:

Quote:
akitson wrote:
deepy (aka xoops_gold)

Off Topic, but is there actually a mod.dev team? I read here that the modules team was no longer in existence.

Uh well, I understand you...

Yes, I was in the module team, hoping to help the XOOPS community in the rebuild. However, before a week or so, I wrote the members internally by email that I am not interested to be active in such an environment that has been created by DJ.

Infact, a day before I openly wrote those protest messages, I even offered DJ in a private conversation, XOOPS Server Management in a team. Even here, I am not interested to work with him until he accepts and apologises himself for his actions to the affected people like Tom, Akitson, Darcy, etc. (Here, I was and am not affected)

During registration here years ago, I wanted to register deeps but had a tipping mistake with my german keyboard so it got deepy in there. I did not care for a change until DJ changed it personally before a few weeks. But then instead of changing it to what I wanted years ago i.e. deeps, I thought of having it changed as Draj!

Well, Thats the point: Module development team has no official status, which was planned, officially announced, formed and founded by Akitson.

All this because of the behavioural patterns of DJ, which I openly brought them into the limelight.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits