ChaoticMess
Which shopping cart?

Hi folks,

I need a shopping cart for a XOOPS 2.0.16 site. Sometime back I'd bought xAsset/xTotal for another purpose and thought it'd work but when the author shut down I started looking at kshop. That too I read is abandoned. Is zen cart the only option?

I need a fairly simple cart but I also like reselling anothers inventory..that's possible with this new site..we think we will have a lot of affiliates.

Thanks CM

instantzero
Re: Which shopping cart?

Try our Bookshop module :
http://xoops.instant-zero.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=12

ChaoticMess

I've looked at Bookshop..it looks like a good module but book and author-centric. I'm looking for a shopping cart that would work well with clothing (sizes, colors,etc). Is there other carts that would be good for this. Zen cart looked to be standalone with a XOOPS integration package available at sourceforge.

Are the any carts that works well with clothing ? Thanks

gtop00
  • 2007/7/16 17:15

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

I am afraid that there is not any XOOPS Module that supports what you need (colors - sizes - different prices...)

I have seen a very good application for clothes with x-cart which unfortunately is a stand alone payed software.

Also, I had try OsCommerce without finishing the tests...

It is a pity, our lovely CMS does not support any serious commercial application.

pod
Re: I dream of XOOPS/CubeCart integration
  • 2007/7/16 17:26

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

I've tried them all - I even bought xAsset which would have been perfect except that it didn't work & there was no support, even before it was abandoned. I have finally gone with CubeCart (http://www.cubecart.org) & have it running alongside MyXoops site pretty flawlessly, except for the lack of XOOPS integration. You can see by comparing my XOOPS based site to its CubeCart based counterpart, except for integrated registrations you might not notice the difference between the 2:
http://www.myxoops.com/ - XOOPS
http://www.myxoops.com/shop - CubeCart

- So basically it is easily skinnable, has an intuitive backend, & is really easy to use.

If someone could produce a "mod"/module that would integrate users between XOOPS & CubeCart, I'd buy it. It would be a great solution to the one thing XOOPS is sorely lacking: a real ecommerce option.
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

ChaoticMess
Re: I dream of XOOPS/CubeCart integration

Did you try zen with the zen cart - XOOPS integration package?

pod really like your shop integration..nicely done. Is the shop supposed to work for anonymous users ? I'd click to add to basket and it didnt take me anywhere. I assume because I've not signed in .

gtop00
  • 2007/7/17 14:20

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes, ZenCart can be used but:
Quote:

gtop00 wrote:
I am afraid that there is not any XOOPS Module/integration that supports what you need (colors - sizes - different prices...)

I have seen a very good application for clothes with x-cart which unfortunately is a stand alone payed software...

Any other ideas/proposals?

pod
  • 2007/7/18 1:45

• pod

• Quite a regular

I did try Zen-Cart, a while back. It didn't seem to have the kind of functionality I needed.

In CubeCart (and in my shop) when you add an item to your basket, it just adds it to the "basket block", letting you continue shopping until you choose "view cart". It doesn't automatically redirect users to the cart when you click "add to basket", but there is a CC mod for this if you wanted to use CC & redirect users to their cart upon adding an item.

There are also (paid) mods allowing CC to handle subscriptions as well - so if a XOOPS integration package were developed for CubeCart it would kill several birds in one fell swoop. I've seen phpbb integration packs for CC so a XOOPS mod must be do-able! Anyone...?

gtop00
  • 2007/7/18 9:54

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

These are two examples of what I mean:
Example one (click on the 'Fin Color' drop down)
Example two (click on 'Available Colours' and 'Available Sizes drop downs),

both made with X-Cart.

pod
  • 2007/7/18 10:04

• pod

• Quite a regular

CubeCart has that functionality as well but is less than half the price for a license - and you can use it free w/o a license if you keep their footer information on your site.
There are lots of fun (free and paid) mods for CC available too, to add increased functionality for specific types of stores.

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits