preachur
Hacking forces premature launch
  • 2007/7/16 1:38

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

Okay, nightmare hacking incident wrecked 11 years of data. Many of you on here know me, and you are probably aware that I have been building a new Xoops-based system to replace the old .asp / SQL 6.5 system for Aggregate Research Industries since November 2006. Anyway, to make a long story short, the cyber-terrorists found the old system vulnerable before I could finish the new one, and now we have been forced to launch the new XOOPS system. It went live about an hour ago with just the basic front page and registrations closed while I get the smartprofiles module configured right.

Here is my question:

I had a module once that would re-direct users logging in for the first time to a page of my choosing. I don't even remember the name of it now. I didn't have a real need for it then, but I REALLY need it now. When people log in for the first time I need them to be re-directed to the smartmail subscription page. Anyone know what / where this module is, and if it works with 2.0.16 yet? Thanks everyone!

Preachur
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

ewonline
Re: Hacking forces premature launch
  • 2007/7/16 1:52

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

I suggest write a simple code yourself.
A table called PREFIX_firsttime with columns uid and uid would contain the XOOPS user id.
On login, run query SELECT FROM PREFIX_firsttime WHERE uid=...
If that returns no rows, redirect them.

Once they are redirected, used that page to INSERT INTO PREFIX_firsttime (uid,first) VALUES (000,1)

There maybe an easier way of doing that, but I've done that in the past and I know it works.
Resized Image

preachur
  • 2007/7/16 2:27

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Well, I tried the "MyHome" module, but it doesn't seem to function in 2.0.16.... BUT I am still testing. Maybe I will have to write my own.

preachur
  • 2007/7/16 3:09

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Okay, I tried and it didn't work. Does anyone want to get paid to make it happen? Let me know.

I have way too much to do with categories and setting up all the newsletters and mail templates and forums and categories and adding the content partners and sponsors, etc.

In other words, if you need some paid work HOLLA!

stefan88
  • 2007/7/16 4:08

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

maybe this hack can help ...

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=36483&forum=7

ewonline
  • 2007/7/16 5:07

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

preachur wrote:
Okay, I tried and it didn't work. Does anyone want to get paid to make it happen? Let me know.

I have way too much to do with categories and setting up all the newsletters and mail templates and forums and categories and adding the content partners and sponsors, etc.

In other words, if you need some paid work HOLLA!

If you need paid help, send me a PM.
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits