berlin
uploading and install module
  • 2007/7/13 21:05

• berlin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/25

hello to everyone, I have the XOOPS 2.0.16 . and I have been trying to install the weblink 30, and webshow module, and wfdownloads. on to my site. but no matter what I try its not showing up in the modules admin screen so I can install. now I have upload laise, news 1.54 the same way it they have shown up.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

debianus
Re: uploading and install module
  • 2007/7/13 21:18

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

Look at here

berlin
  • 2007/7/13 22:38

• berlin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/25

thanks for posting that page. I went to the page and follow those instuction, but not shows up. It semms that only old module will load up. Thanks for help. I guess I won't be using it that module. Thanks anyway...

karmablossom

Hello. I am experiencing the same problem. I have successfully installed and modified MANY modules...no problem. I unzip them, upload them to server, go to Modules Admin and click the newly uploaded module to install it. But...

I downloaded WordPress 2.0.5 and did like always to install it through module admin only this time the module doesn't show up on the list of modules awaiting installation. It's not that I get an error installing it, it's that it doesn't even show up on the list to BE installed. I have verified that I uploaded the module files to the proper place but still it won't show up. I have cleaned up all obsolete module files as suggested in the XOOPS faq somewhere...still nothing. Waahh!

I've been up ALL NIGHT, it's now 4:30 a.m. and I still can't figure it out. I'm a self-helper kind of person but I've reached my limit. PLEASE HELP!

Thank you so much.

karmablossom

Nevermind. I have given up.

Catzwolf
  • 2008/4/18 21:45

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Look inside the folders you seem to have issues with and see if they have xoops_version.php in them, if they don't then that is the possible reason for XOOPS not recognizing that it is a module.

If they have other folders inside them, then look for the one that has xoops_version.php and upload that folder intead. 9/10 this is the cause of the issue.

If after this you find that it is the correct folder and files you are uploading, then turn of php debugging and see if there are any 'Warnings' or other errors. If so, copy and paste them here for us to help.

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits