Tobias
Re: Article module 1.0 won't display content
  • 2007/7/10 16:15

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

Well, you might have to see whether it works with 2.2.4 or 2.2.5. Might be a very good idea to upgrade, anyway. Or to look into how to downgrade to 2.0.16. There's a script somewhere, but I assume it's a high risk operation.

You're getting just one error, the one with the foreachq tag not being recognized, which I have a hard time attributing to anything else than to the fact that smarty doesn't find the foreachq function which is defined in compiler.foreachq.php which, you say, is now in its correct place.

All the other notices are just that: Notices and Warnings. But they shouldn't be critical. And as far as I can see, they mostly refer to some language strings not being defined correctly, that sort of stuff. I don't have that phpmyadmin for XOOPS you apparently have there, but I don't think it should interfere. The "xoops_module_header" stuff is a little odd, but I also don't think it should throw smarty off balance.

It might point to your Smarty and template handling files being outdated or corrupt, though. Perhaps, this is being solved by updating to the current versions.

Are there any other strange behaviors on your site? Is it the first time a module isn't updating correctly? Do you have some local install which you can use to test run the trouble shooting steps?

You might also want to switch on the smarty debug option in general settings, and perhaps post the output here. But that's going to be a lot of gibberish.

In any case, I hope somebody else can step in, because I'm pretty much at the end of my wits.
www.affvu.org

Mr_RealSurf

Hi and thanks for all the help so far!

I've tried to update my XOOPS to the latest version 2.2.5-rc2. It all seems to have worked. No errors were reported during the update process and the site generally seems unchanged.

(where would I look for confirmation that the version change happened?)

I cleared out templates_c, tried to update article module, got same errors as before. Gloom.

I tried switching on smarty debugging, but nothing happens in firefox anyway.

I think it might be a good idea to have a little package of the update files from 2.0.16 along with instructions for placing them so that users like myself don't have to hunt them down. If I ever get this working, I'll bundle them up myself!

And yes, if anyone else can shed light on this problem it would be hugely appreciated!!

Tobias, I owe you a beer (or appropriate equivalent)!

Tobias
  • 2007/7/11 12:36

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
http://www.irxoops.org/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=88

Irmtfan has a package of all things needed for the article module (+ Farsi language files and tiny editor + cbb) athttp://www.irxoops.org/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=88. His instructions might be in Farsi
www.affvu.org

Mr_RealSurf

Cringe!!

I have article 1.0 now working with 2.2.3

The reason I was having problems is that after my tech guy moved servers, he left a duplicate directory that included my a copy of my XOOPS instance. Cringe!

I discovered that I'd been dutifully making changes to the 'dark' instance rather than the live one...

Hence the complete lack of results!!!

Once again thank you for the kind assistance. It was worthwhile because when I finally got at the live version of my site, I'd been through the somewhat complicated article upgrade process (well, complicated for those of us using 2.2.3).

Tobias
  • 2007/7/14 20:03

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

Hehehe, I knew I was right and you hadn't made the changes correctly
www.affvu.org

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits