blindman
Re: Cannot Login to Admin or User
  • 2007/7/9 16:57

• blindman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/26

Hello,
It is happening to me too, from time to time.
Please, go to phpMyadmin , select the session table and choose repair.
That is all (in my case).
Don't follow me. I'm lost too.

TopKnot
  • 2007/7/10 2:49

• TopKnot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/27

SOLVED***SOLVED***SOLVED***

My problem was due to all of the users being "magically" deleted from the "Groups". In other words, me...being the Admin/Webmaster was deleted as well as everyone who registered prior to July 3rd, 2007.

People like Bandit-X who registered afterwards where allowed to log in as they were automatically placed in the Registered User group.

From what I read on another forum, one of the causes of this is switching how people register and are approved for the site. In my case, I did not change this setting. But I did delete some *spammmers* that had recently registered. Maybe this is a problem in 2.2.X branch of XOOPS?

I would like to thank everyone who helped me solve this problem. You guys are the best!!!!!!

I wish I could remember where I found the documentation for the fix of the "Webmaster being deleted" but think it was on the Dutch XOOPS site.

claydoh
  • 2007/9/11 1:29

• claydoh

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/6 0

Quote:

TopKnot wrote:
SOLVED***SOLVED***SOLVED***

My problem was due to all of the users being "magically" deleted from the "Groups". In other words, me...being the Admin/Webmaster was deleted as well as everyone who registered prior to July 3rd, 2007.

People like Bandit-X who registered afterwards where allowed to log in as they were automatically placed in the Registered User group.

From what I read on another forum, one of the causes of this is switching how people register and are approved for the site. In my case, I did not change this setting. But I did delete some *spammmers* that had recently registered. Maybe this is a problem in 2.2.X branch of XOOPS?

I would like to thank everyone who helped me solve this problem. You guys are the best!!!!!!

I wish I could remember where I found the documentation for the fix of the "Webmaster being deleted" but think it was on the Dutch XOOPS site.

I am having exactly the same problems. After deleting about 10 or so spammer accounts (all using ***@list.ru as an email address) I cannot login to the site.

What exactly were the fixes you used? I cannot seem to find anything on this.

montoya
  • 2007/10/18 23:23

• montoya

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/18

I am having this exact problem. I was deleting some very old inactive accounts, and now old accounts including my webmaster access are in infinite loop mode. I am using XOOPS 2.2.4 . If TopKnot, claydoh, or anyone else who has had this problem can help, I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

266 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 266

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits