Tobias
"name" attribute gets stripped from HTML tags in the Article module
  • 2007/7/4 13:52

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

Now this is a very long shot, but it's so weird a situation that hopefully someone will be able to give me a lead where to start looking.

If I edit an article in the Article module (version 1.0 I believe it is, the newest in any case), and insert an html tag with a "name" attribute, the "name" attribute gets stripped (including the assigned string) and the rest of the tag remains intact. This happens only on "save" and not on "preview," and it does not happen when I'm the site administrator. Only for the rank and file.

Example:
<a name="anchor">Anchor</abecomes <a>Anchor</a>

As far as I can see, this is only about the "name" attribute:

Example2:
<a name="anchor" title="anchor">Anchor</abecomes <a title="anchor">Anchor</a>

and it is not only about the < a >< / a > tag. It also happens independent of any particular editor, but not in at least some other modules.

So my guess is that there's some text sanitizing going on somewhere. If somebody could give me a lead, I would be very thankful.

I'm using XOOPS 2.2 branch
www.affvu.org

Tobias
Re: "name" attribute gets stripped from HTML tags in the Article module
  • 2007/7/7 23:12

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

Anybody? I quite urgently need a solution for that for some functionality which is quite important on my site.

I think it's a bug in the article module. But I can't quite pinpoint it. Last version of CBB doesn't produce the same effect, so the various textsanitizers in the core and phppp's Frameworks seem to not be responsible for it.

To restate: In the article module, with html enabled in the submit and edit form, "name" attributes get stripped from html tags. That's independent of the editor I use, and it seems to be only about the "name" attribute. Webmaster can submit an html tag with a "name" attribute.

Perhaps somebody wants to run a quick test on their system and see whether it's reproducible. I get it on two different setups. Both are with PHP5 and XOOPS 2.2

Thanks!
www.affvu.org

Northern
Re: "name" attribute gets stripped from HTML tags in the Article module
  • 2007/7/8 9:06

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Ive tried to install it on one of my sites and i get to the point where i need a cat, then its a blank page, so ill try another site on my other server and see what happens.

Login

Who's Online

119 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 119

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits