kren2
Php Myspace Gold
  • 2007/7/1 10:27

• kren2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/1 1

I installed Myspace Gold today and did everything what installation file told me in setting permitions but it still gets mt this message:

Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/public_html/include/common.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/market:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/market/public_html/mainfile.php on line 52

Warning: main(/home/public_html/include/common.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/market/public_html/mainfile.php on line 52

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/public_html/include/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/market/public_html/mainfile.php on line 52

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: site_cache() in /home/market/public_html/header.php on line 6

Can anybody help me please?

script_fu
Re: I have a little problem with setting permitions

AFAIK PHP MySpace Gold is an illegal version of xoops. It is a problem or should I say thorn in the side of the very fabric of xoops! Please dont support illegal software.

Here is a lil more info about this crap.
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=51586&forum=1

Please just use the XOOPS package available for download here.

I'm very sorry that you found that crap and wasted your money with thieves. However XOOPS is free and any help you might need for the XOOPS version is here waiting for you.

We look foward to helping you get XOOPS up and running!

Also could a mod change this thread topic to PHP Myspace Gold because this problem needs to be fixed by the foundation!

Edit: For better clarity.

kren2
  • 2007/7/1 13:38

• kren2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/1 1

Sorry didn't know that it's illegal.

I will delete it from the server and install xoops!

script_fu

Very cool welcome aboard Xoops. Again if you have any problems just post and we will help you get them sorted.

Again im sorry you found them before us!

Regards
Billy

Ps Its not your fault! XOOPS really needs to get them shut down!

script_fu

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc.
Domain Name: POPSCRIPT.COM
Created on: 21-May-05
Expires on: 21-May-11
Last Updated on:

Popscript Whois

This is XOOPS as we all know

Alot of the software there looks like it has been jacked as well.

formatc
  • 2007/7/2 1:51

• formatc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/19

Quote:

script_fu wrote:
AFAIK PHP MySpace Gold is an illegal version of xoops. It is a problem or should I say thorn in the side of the very fabric of xoops! Please dont support illegal software.

Here is a lil more info about this crap.
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=51586&forum=1

Please just use the XOOPS package available for download here.

I'm very sorry that you found that crap and wasted your money with thieves. However XOOPS is free and any help you might need for the XOOPS version is here waiting for you.

We look foward to helping you get XOOPS up and running!

Also could a mod change this thread topic to PHP Myspace Gold because this problem needs to be fixed by the foundation!

Edit: For better clarity.

I guess none of you bothered to read the faq for the script posted on their website.
http://www.popscript.com/scripts/php-myspace-gold-faq/info_19.html

Sorry, but I fail to see anything illegal about this unless I am totally missing something.

MadFish
  • 2007/7/2 2:13

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

The (legal) issue with PHP MySpace Gold is that they removed the credits of the original authors from some of the code and put their own in.

Kren 2, I would appreciate it if you could look at their 'online manual' and provide some feedback on whether they have taken similar liberties with the XOOPS Operations Guide. If they have, I may take a look at whether they are in breach of the licensing conditions for that as well.

formatc
  • 2007/7/2 2:20

• formatc

• Just popping in

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
The (legal) issue with PHP MySpace Gold is that they removed the credits of the original authors from some of the code and put their own in.

Well, the version I have I downloaded from a warez website however most of the people on here know that when you do that credits will be removed from all authors and replaced with the pirates website that are distributing it. I expected that when I downloaded it. In regards to the original authors: Would it be better to send people to phpnuke or php website? Which is where all of the nuke spin offs came from.

Anyone can modify, distribute gpl software and charge a fee for it if they wish...That means anyone.

Also, I was just reading the gpl Here:
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

and it specifically states the GPL requires that modified versions be marked as changed, so that their problems will not be attributed erroneously to authors of previous versions.

" from the gpl:
For the developers' and authors' protection, the GPL clearly explains that there is no warranty for this free software. For both users' and authors' sake, the GPL requires that modified versions be marked as changed, so that their problems will not be attributed erroneously to authors of previous versions."

Kren 2, I would appreciate it if you could look at their 'online manual' and provide some feedback on whether they have taken similar liberties with the XOOPS Operations Guide. If they have, I may take a look at whether they are in breach of the licensing conditions for that as well.

script_fu

It also looks like they are making cash for modules here.

AFAIK: In the older versions that they sold were stripped of all the XOOPS copyrights. They claimed it to be there own.

I hope the foundation did get a copy of these back then.

formatc
  • 2007/7/2 2:45

• formatc

• Just popping in

Quote:

script_fu wrote:
It also looks like they are making cash for modules here.

AFAIK: In the older versions that they sold were stripped of all the XOOPS copyrights. They claimed it to be there own.

LOL! That is what I have is an older version and like I said I got it from a warez site. In looking into the files all copyrights were removed accept for one where I found a reference to their website. The one file that had this reference was buried in like 6 folders deep. Now, hmmm who do you suppose removed all the copyrights? It surely could not have been the warez site...Right? Also, in looking at the files it does not look like XOOPS but maybe a spin off of exoops or another exoops spin off.

I hope the foundation did get a copy of these back then.

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits