script_fu
Re: Project Leader: Catzwolf

Quote:

tjnemez wrote:

I believe Catzwolf can provide the necessary leadership to take the XOOPS Project forward!

tjnemez

Hello my old friend tjnemez! So glad to see you here. You for one have surely been missed. Along with a lot of the other old timers that I have seen post lately.

Welcome home!!!

Now on to the matter at hand...

Catz !!!

Now I have been around here since the old 1x days. I built a lot of sites out of the old 1x code and three times as many out of 2x.

If there is one person who has my utmost respect it is you! You have always said it like it is! While others hide behind the private forums on this site! This quality you have my friend is a very special one. You love Xoops, always have & it has always shown! There is none better than catz for this job.

Just think how it would be... no more BS nothing but the truth. Catz has always called them like he has seen them.

I have held on through all BS we as a community have been force-fed from the powers that be. My god its so time for a change. Still yet we have all the same people here feeding us all kinds of new BS yet again and still in control of the forums. Then the new big plan is to fragment the site? Are you kidding me? That whole idea just plain sucks.

Anyway catz you have my vote and 100% support!

Regards
Billy

Mamba
  • 2007/6/29 4:35

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

debianus wrote:
You are a person respected and wanted here. You have exposed opinions and suggestions very guessed right. But I believe that after as much speaking we cannot be eternally thinking who form the Teams or that is what they must do, or if they are too many Teams. Right, there are errors, failures.

You have much to contribute, please, try to help us....explains your ideas in Core Dev, do your suggestions on documentation, look at here and gives us your opinion. We needed to begin to work, to offer to xoopers new developments, an appropriate documentation etc. The present structure of XOOPS is transitory, had big errors. Yes, but if we did not work everybody will get tired of single speaking without results.

Totally agree with you. Catz's run for a Project Leader has totally bad timing, and creates more problems than solves.

DJ is new in this and I am OK with the progress so far. Plus I have a full respect for him for all his work on the modules. So until he fails, I don't see a need to spend energy of so many people on discussions like this.

Let's focus the energy on making a difference. If we don't like something, speak up, provide your reasoning, and offer a solution.

But let's give DJ a chance to move the project forward. Let's ask him to communicate his goals/objectives, and then let's see if he delivers. But let's make sure that we help him in getting there - this is Open Source project where we have to work as a team.

Catz raises several good points, but the timing was not the best....
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

tjnemez
  • 2007/6/29 4:45

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

hey billy,

Quote:

Hello my old friend tjnemez! So glad to see you here. You for one have surely been missed. Along with a lot of the other old timers that I have seen post lately.

Welcome home!!!

Thanks Billy, good to hear from you :). I have been here all along, but for the last 2 years or so I just couldn't be part of the community due to the direction it was or was not headed. I have taken down all my XOOPS sites and have been testing different cms(s). With the return of Catzwolf, and others I have renewed optimism. In spite of everything, I remain a loyal Xoopser, just cannot let go!

cheers,
tjnemez
Not right now; I am busy screwing up my site!

Dream Catcher Dezines
Mind Health ...

MadFish
  • 2007/6/29 6:04

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
Catz's run for a Project Leader has totally bad timing, and creates more problems than solves.

DJ is new in this and I am OK with the progress so far. Plus I have a full respect for him for all his work on the modules. So until he fails, I don't see a need to spend energy of so many people on discussions like this.

I fully agree. I think phppp deserves a chance to work some reforms and that his general approach is a good one, ie:

1. Establish temporary leadership to design a new, open and transparent management structure for xoops.

2. Hold an open process for recruiting key positions / teams

3. Transfer authority to the new management structure and step down.

These steps are necessary to establish a new system that will prevent abuse of power and protect the right of community to contribute to the project.

Letting the next leadership design their own terms of reference, or act with no rules at all, is asking for trouble.

Please wait until an official selection process opens for the permanent position of Project Leader, and then by all means go for your life - in a fair competition with anyone else that wants to apply.

Sophie2
  • 2007/6/29 8:07

• Sophie2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/21

I'm with phppp.

Mithrandir

LOL - seems there were several people just waiting for the chance to get a slice of the management cake.

Anyways, I wish you (all) the best of luck with the power struggles and character assassinations that I am sure will come

Lots of good ideas surface, I'll be following with interest, which results come of it as it is always easier to say than do. Something that Catz - since this is the thread about Catz, I'll mention it - is familiar with through his former abandoned projects.

Anyways, I hope you can get out of the circle of negativity that has been a part of XOOPS for so very long. A circle in which the people involved were criticised when they did something for not involving the community and if they involved the community, nothing happened and the community criticised them for not doing anything.

My advise to the current contributors is, if in doubt, do something. Even if people criticise you for it, it is better than not doing anything. And whatever you do, stand by it if you really believe that it is the right thing to do. Don't let the highest screamers get to make you change your mind, if it is based on (to you) good arguments.

/me goes back to the sideline and fetches some more popcorns and 3D-glasses
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

blindman
  • 2007/6/29 10:26

• blindman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/26

It's there something that make impossible the situation of haveing both phppp and catz in lidership zone? Are they exclude each other for some reason?
Why is so hard to move forward?
Don't follow me. I'm lost too.

damaster
  • 2007/6/29 10:33

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

LOL - You still not admit your mistakes by the past, as many others who left for the smartf@c abandoning xoops, as i've done myself for something that is open but at least you get your chance and try... to end with a positive sentence too (or alike). Maybe it's time to give someone else a chance to try.

There's place enough for companies, individuals and users.
You don't need to be smart, just a little intelligent and
keep this open source.

Good Luck Catz !
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Catzwolf
  • 2007/6/29 10:35

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
LOL - seems there were several people just waiting for the chance to get a slice of the management cake.

Anyways, I wish you (all) the best of luck with the power struggles and character assassinations that I am sure will come

Lots of good ideas surface, I'll be following with interest, which results come of it as it is always easier to say than do. Something that Catz - since this is the thread about Catz, I'll mention it - is familiar with through his former abandoned projects.

Anyways, I hope you can get out of the circle of negativity
that has been a part of XOOPS for so very long. A circle in which the people involved were criticised when they did something for not involving the community and if they involved the community, nothing happened and the community criticised them for not doing anything.

My advise to the current contributors is, if in doubt, do something. Even if people criticise you for it, it is better than not doing anything. And whatever you do, stand by it if you really believe that it is the right thing to do. Don't let the highest screamers get to make you change your mind, if it is based on (to you) good arguments.

/me goes back to the sideline and fetches some more popcorns and 3D-glasses

lol Right, now I will bite my tongue on several of your comments, because they were written in the hope on inciting more controversy and #OOPS# within these forums and nothing more. Unlike you, I cannot now take the stand and just sit back and watch from the sideline, but help shape the future of Xoops.

Now go back to the sidelines and I hope you don’t choke on that self righteous popcorn.

Anonymous
  • 2007/6/29 10:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
blindman wrote:

It's there something that make impossible the situation of haveing both phppp and catz in lidership zone? Are they exclude each other for some reason?
Why is so hard to move forward?

Dunno!

I think it is good that such obviously talented coders have come forward and they should both be applauded for doing so.

Am I alone in thinking that the roles of "Project Leader" (that Catz has offered to take on) and "Lead Developer" that phppp/DJ has taken on are not actually the same thing?

If one considers an analogy with, say, a construction project, the "Project Manager" and the "Construction Manager" are separate people, each with their own role, and that's how I'd like to think that Catz and DJ might work together.

Tell me shut up if I'm wrong

Either way, and in an ideal world, both would be involved as they bring different skills to the table.

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 144

heyula,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!