fosterm
Upload file size limit on a shared server
  • 2007/6/28 23:24

• fosterm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/7 2

Hi all

I like others on this site have an issue with wf-download file upload limitations. I have added a php.ini file with the following command in it (upload_max_filesize = 10M). I have placed this file in the root directory and in all module directories as well as all admin directories of all modules. Adding this php.ini file worked in the case of the protector module when I needed to set some other parameters. However, this does not seem to be increasing the size of files that I can upload to my shared server.

I have talked with the server admin and they recommended the php.ini file also. When I told the server admin that the php.ini did not seem to work he asked "what script I was having an issue with?"

Can anyone help with this issue? What script do I tell the admin I am using during the upload of files in wf-download?

Anyone have any other suggestions to rectify this issue.

I am using 2.2.5 and surpass as a host.

Catzwolf
Re: Upload file size limit on a shared server
  • 2007/6/29 10:10

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

WF-Downloads is restricted in four areas when trying to upload files.

1. Max post size. (post_max_size)
2. Max file upload size (upload_max_filesize)
3. Memory Linit (memory_limit)
4. and The max limit imposed by the admin of WF-Downloads.

post_max_size
Sets max size of post data allowed. This setting also affects file upload. To upload large files, this value must be larger than upload_max_filesize.

If memory limit is enabled by your configure script, memory_limit also affects file uploading. Generally speaking, memory_limit should be larger than post_max_size.

I know WF-Downloads works with Surpass, I used to use them a while back. Just remember to up the memory_limit and Max post size larger than the Max file upload size and you should be ok.

ATB

Catz

spankee
  • 2007/6/29 15:04

• spankee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

Which php version are you using, 4 or 5?
If using php4 then be sure to do numbers 1,2 and 4 in Catzwolf's posting. The memory limit on the shared hosting is plenty.

irmtfan
  • 2007/6/30 6:40

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

you should ask their admin server if you allowed to increase upload file size.
i was been with surpass in a shared server for 2 years and in that time i was sure it is not allowed ( i send a ticket about issue)
but i dont know if they change their mind now.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits