• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:
Why confused? Why sarcastic?

That wasn't sarcastic:

Quote:
expressing or expressive of ridicule that wounds
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I was a simple question, are these teams official or not, as I can announce it within the news article just published.

If you took what I said as sarcasm, then please accept me apologies for your miss reading, that was not intended.

Quote:
kc0maz asked if his synopsis was close to accurate, phppp said it was. phppp said nothing about the team being 'official'

Then thats my mistake, I took the welcome to the team as being official, and thought that I'd over looked a post, again I apologise for that.

I was simply asking, as I could of stated this withing the article.

Have a nice day.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

kc0maz
Re: [XoopsTeam] progress - community coordination - June 10th
  • 2007/6/20 14:32

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

I was only trying to get a better understanding of the total function of this team, and how it interacts with the other teams.

The end-users / XOOPS customers need a channel to express their likes, dislikes, needs and wants. More often than not more than one person will express similar thoughts, in a different way. We have seen this right here in this very forum. Someone within XOOPS community needs to be listening and compile this information into a meaningful report to the various teams. The development teams must take the requests of the end-users very seriously. There should be some kind of response from the XOOPS Community to let them know that we have heard them, and are working toward a solution.

The Moderators keep the discussions somewhat friendly and on-topic. They also close inactive threads, remove spam messages, etc. It is so very important that the administrators respect the autonomy of the moderators. If a thread needs to be closed, or reopened, the administration should contact the moderators/Community Coordinators, the rest of the items discussed in the moderators' thread could be dealt with after the team is 'officially' formed.

all to often end-users make a request of something that has already been addressed. The Community Coordinators is to help the end-user find answers to their questions, or requests.

The focus of the Community Coordinators is the end-user. If we, as a community, do not listen to the end-user, and address their needs, The XOOPS project will fail. IMHO, The Community Coordination Team is the most important team. They are often the first and only contact end-users have with the XOOPS Community.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

giba
  • 2007/6/20 14:43

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Quote:

kc0maz wrote:
I was only trying to get a better understanding of the total function of this team, and how it interacts with the other teams.

The end-users / XOOPS customers need a channel to express their likes, dislikes, needs and wants. More often than not more than one person will express similar thoughts, in a different way. We have seen this right here in this very forum. Someone within XOOPS community needs to be listening and compile this information into a meaningful report to the various teams. The development teams must take the requests of the end-users very seriously. There should be some kind of response from the XOOPS Community to let them know that we have heard them, and are working toward a solution.

The Moderators keep the discussions somewhat friendly and on-topic. They also close inactive threads, remove spam messages, etc. It is so very important that the administrators respect the autonomy of the moderators. If a thread needs to be closed, or reopened, the administration should contact the moderators/Community Coordinators, the rest of the items discussed in the moderators' thread could be dealt with after the team is 'officially' formed.

all to often end-users make a request of something that has already been addressed. The Community Coordinators is to help the end-user find answers to their questions, or requests.

The focus of the Community Coordinators is the end-user. If we, as a community, do not listen to the end-user, and address their needs, The XOOPS project will fail. IMHO, The Community Coordination Team is the most important team. They are often the first and only contact end-users have with the XOOPS Community.

100% Agree and more...

The Idea here is some... but....

BlueStocking

The XOOPS community coordination Team Proposal

When it becomes official we will get an anouncement from phppp I feel pretty certain.

He has done very well about giving us the necessary information to proceed along the team effort as far I can see.

This new openess could catch on for some of the silent majority that has been reading these threads for their daily soap-opera fix. Thinking .. nothing is really going to change.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/21 4:37

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

The seems to be a general agreement (or lack of disagreement) with my overview of the Community Coordination Team.

I would like to invite following people to join the Community Coordination Team:

JMorris
irmtfan
akitson
vaughan ( M0nty)

They are all current moderators in good standing.

The moderators tasks will not change, in fact some may be added. The only real change is the name from Moderators to Community Coordinators.

I understand there are moderators for specific forums, If they or anyone else would like to be included, please PM me or post a quick note here, otherwise we will assume you do not want to be included as a part of the Community Coordinators.

Of course, none of this takes effect until the proposed team is declared official, until that time the moderators should continue doing what they are doing, as moderator(s).

While I am not the 'team leader', someone should to get this team together. I understand there is a moderators' forum, that I am not privy to, and there might well be discussions about this team that I am totally unaware of. If someone wants to bring us up to date, great, otherwise I assume there is no other discussion taking place.

@Bluestockings
Bluestocking said:
Quote:

This new openess could catch on for some of the silent majority that has been reading these threads for their daily soap-opera fix. Thinking .. nothing is really going to change.

People really read this in place of soap-operas? and I thought I need a life...
--unknown

phppp
  • 2007/6/21 4:46

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

@sailjapan: "As has been written many times in this forum, this is a transitory period." Thanks for the clarification and for the word of "transitory", of which I used the word "transient".

@kc0maz: thank you for your encouraging and responsible efforts.

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/26 14:23

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

It has been several days since the current moderators were invited to join the proposed Community Coordinator Team.

From the lack of any responses, I will assume everyone is content with the following proposed Community Coordinator Team:

JAVesey
KC0MAZ

Unless someone else steps forward, I suggest that JAVesey be named team leader.
--unknown

vaughan
  • 2007/6/26 15:23

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

last time i looked at this thread was on the 20th.. lol been busy elsewhere as have the other members :) which is probably why nobody responded. i haven't gone through all the threads yet as it's time consuming and time was an issue of late.

the thing is that we would still prefer the moderators team to be a team of it's own with the job of moderating not coordinating, they are 2 different jobs in my opinion.

phppp
  • 2007/6/26 16:31

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Thank you, KC0MAZ

Can you please have a contact with JAVesey to discuss a little bit?
The first effort for the team, to make the work effective and efficient, would be to suggest a team leader just like what you have done.
IMHO, if JAVesey does not have high availability, you are also a good candidate according to what you have done.

end-user-rep

Quote:

by kc0maz on 2007/6/26 9:23:24 - from what I gather, the Community Coordination team, would be a combination of Moderators, the proposed End-User team and Customer Service. I also gather that there would be some inter-team coordination.

Is there such a thing as a proposed End-User team anymore since the thread was closed?

http://xoops-end-user.com/xoops01
http://www.xoops.net.br
http://www.xoops.net.br

=== Translation code ===
العربية * Deutsch * sc * Español * Français * Italiano * Nederlands * Polski * Português do Brasil 中文 中文 Cn

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits