irmtfan
a question from [Xoops Project] : are international local support sites still officially certified?
  • 2007/6/18 16:11

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

after new wind of changes at XOOPS project and XOOPS leader and management now we have some (very few) users claim that all international local support site plus our local support site (persian) are not "official" or "certified" anymore.
they mainly reference it to this sentence from phppp(DJ) the project manager and lead of xoops:
Quote:

However, as the XOOPS Project management is now turned to an open way, the Project won't announce any site directly without proper evaluation following our management rules.

(yes i read comments too)
some questions:
1- according to XOOPS Certified Local Support Site Guidelines is these rules are still valid?

2- all local support sites have a link in Local Support page. is this enough to name a site "certified" and/or "official"? is this page is still valid too?

so after all it needs to be clarified by Project Manager or Project Council or whoever have the rights and can make it clear.
Thank You

irmtfan

Anonymous
Re: a question from [Xoops Project] : are international local support sites still officially certifi
  • 2007/6/18 16:50

• Anonymous

• Since:

Good questions, irmtfan.

International XOOPS Support Sites/Local Support Sites/Certified Support Sites guidelines needs a revision or validation.

I suggest to create a mailing list of XOOPS support sites administrators with coordination of XOOPS Project Communication Team. News could be post in same time for every support sites, without delay by translation.

BlueStocking
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=

then place the link at the end you wish to pass to us

EXAMPLE:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.xoops.ru/modules/news/

etc.,

We can all enjoy visiting the link in our own language.
It helps to be able to read what the site has to offer.
My language is English so these pages are presented to me in English when prefaced with the above google translation code. which is again..

http://translate.google.com/translate?u= your link goes here after the equal sign.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Defkon1
Re: a question from [Xoops Project] : are international local support sites still officially certifi
  • 2007/6/18 21:49

• Defkon1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/27

Quote:

Valker wrote:
International XOOPS Support Sites/Local Support Sites/Certified Support Sites guidelines needs a revision or validation.

I'm hoping it will be possible to eliminate this point:

Quote:

7. Certified Local Support Sites will not charge a fee for support (or extra support). Donations are fine, but the support is a community effort and should remain free to all users. There shall be no penalties or reduced access to information for non donating members.

On XoopsItalia we're thinking about the opening of a ticket assistance based on subscription... I don't know all local situations, but in Italy the donations system does not work and we're in critical economic conditions...

Anonymous
Re: a question from [Xoops Project] : are international local support sites still officially certified?
  • 2007/6/18 23:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

I have another point ... can xoops.org make new block with all support sites in main page ? this will give support sites good pushing and page rank too ;)

phppp
  • 2007/6/18 23:47

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

"However, as the XOOPS Project management is now turned to an open way, the Project won't announce any site directly without proper evaluation following our management rules."

-- This is meant for new opened local support site. For existing local support sites, they will be kept certified unless they have major changes and evaluated by the Project as invalid.

irmtfan
  • 2007/6/19 16:36

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

thank you phppp,

yes your describe is exactly what i understand when i saw that sentence but some local members should see your explanation to accept that.

also you dont get an answer to the other question about validation of past rules for accept a site.

and whos one/team in the project can evaluate a local support site? communication team? i think just a local member/ambassador can do it well.

also number of outputs, hits, news,... can show its power.

huzhenghui
  • 2007/6/19 19:49

• huzhenghui

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/24

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:
thank you phppp,

yes your describe is exactly what i understand when i saw that sentence but some local members should see your explanation to accept that.

also you dont get an answer to the other question about validation of past rules for accept a site.

and whos one/team in the project can evaluate a local support site? communication team? i think just a local member/ambassador can do it well.

also number of outputs, hits, news,... can show its power.

What's the meaning of "local"? Contry/Region? Language? Province/State? City?
If there are no site for a contry/region or language. The users can create a group in google first. However, the google support almost all language and contry/region.
gmail & gtalk: huzhengh (at) gmail (dot) com

irmtfan
  • 2007/6/19 21:40

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

Quote:

What's the meaning of "local"?

language and just language. we just have our native language limitation in Open Source projects.
Quote:

The users can create a group in google first. However, the google support almost all language and contry/region

a google group can not do the support job as a stand alone site.
promotion and trust worthy are very important and imho these two are only reasons for the "Officially Certified" badge.

and if i can be a bit selfish and just talk about our local site, Persian has not any online translator yet.its very very bad and our main issue for a language spoken by +100 million people.

giba
  • 2007/6/19 23:06

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

The Big collection Support Xoops

In soon, collection dev modules and Themes.

All the best.

Help-me for complete this collection, send-me PM.

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits