Bender
Re: [XoopsTeam] progress - Documentation - June 15th
  • 2007/6/15 22:20

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I guess i did not made my point clear.

To put what i wanted to say down in one line is:
Its not neccessary to have five more posts saying its not good because at the current point the only thing that will bring this thread forward would be a reply from dj himself.

Put it down to that please ... i just thought the point was made and actually its not neccessary for more people to post the same complaint until an answer is there.

Apologies if that was not clear.

There is nothing to respect or not respect about what i wrote.

Good enough as explanation?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

phppp
  • 2007/6/16 6:46

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

To clarify, the documentation team was proposed in the Letter to XOOPS community as "documentation and promotion", of which the task of promotion will be more coved by "community communication team".

skenow
  • 2007/6/16 15:58

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

So, now that we have that clarification, we can move on.

The members listed at the beginning of this post have all been made members of the Communications team because that was our understanding of how we were moving forward. As such, we have begun working on tasks and making assignments for those tasks. I was asked by Tom to co-lead the communications team with him and I have been focusing on setting a course for the documentation tasks.

I plan to continue in this effort, just to keep things moving and keep us from suffering from analysis paralysis. If you would like separate reports from both of us, we can accommodate that.

tom
  • 2007/6/16 19:25

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

OK according to the laws of Bender I'm entitled to reply now that DJ has, so I shall do in order.

Quote:
I guess i did not made my point clear.

To put what i wanted to say down in one line is:
Its not neccessary to have five more posts saying its not good because at the current point the only thing that will bring this thread forward would be a reply from dj himself.

Put it down to that please ... i just thought the point was made and actually its not neccessary for more people to post the same complaint until an answer is there.

Apologies if that was not clear.

Your point was clear enough, now we've waited for an answer, and there is one, but was that clear enough?

Bender there is nothing wrong with freedom of speech, nothing untoward or malice was said, nothing that would infringe others rights, and should someone choose to also repeat themselves or someone else then this is also fine.

Quote:
There is nothing to respect or not respect about what i wrote.

This doesn't make sense:

Nothing To respect
Nothing Not to respect

Ah I think I get you, you don't want any respect, ok I'll make note of this for the future.

Quote:
by phppp on 2007/6/16 7:46:09

To clarify, the documentation team was proposed in the Letter to XOOPS community as "documentation and promotion", of which the task of promotion will be more coved by "community communication team".

It was proposed but then you agreed that the docs and news which would also cover promotion would fall under the tasks of a centralised Communications team, this is why we progressed, and we have work done already.

So now were our efforts wasted as a unified team?

Are the com's team being taken back to two teams?

Personally I don't think this was really clarified.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

phppp
  • 2007/6/17 1:22

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

To make teams reliable with high efficiency and effectiveness, we should define teams as single-task style.

The documentation team is too important to be under another team. Much work and responsibility will be put on the team's shoulder to build the whole documentation works for XOOPS Project, which has been a weak point of our Project.

A unified team is interesting and valuable in case the units inside the unified team share the same working style with similar objectives. The "news" and "promotion" as well as other functionality (like communicating with local support teams?) proposed in "community communication" are more dynamic or event oriented, while documentation is more static.

tom
  • 2007/6/17 2:11

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
The documentation team is too important to be under another team.

Ok I'm confused with this statement, as it can read one of two ways:

it's too important to be with another team.
or
it's too important to be a different team

Anyway, let me update the community how we're currently working, the Communications team have co-leaders, one being Skenow and the other myself.

Skenow has a vested interest in the docs part of XOOPS, and hence is managing this side of the Com's team, whilst I tend to other parts.

This is so far proving efficient, and work is being done as one team, this is also helping keep our communication levels at optimum, thus creating efficiency.

Why fix something that was already agreed and is already working, and why the need for so many teams, there is no need to make a team for absolutely everything, next there be a team for proof reading, then another team for proof reading the proof readers, and then another team to proof reading the proof readers, that proof read.

Don't make things more complicated than they need to be, the XOOPS community needs a clear set path, not more confusion.

If the communications team needs other leaders or team workers to manage further tasks we can recruit further, and if people wish to join they will do so.
Kind Regards.
Tom

tom
  • 2007/6/17 2:26

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

DJ the teams are coming together, it's now time you stop managing absolutely everything and stretching your own resources, you need to get back to managing the dev team to produce further code, this was one of the major complaints from the community and this what they are looking for, new quality releases.

Don't keep spreading yourself too thin, James was placed as project leader when Skalpa left, let him deal with all this stress, in managing the project and teams.

If you don't slow down and concentrate on the code side of things, then everything will simply fail again, and again, no one wants to see this, so please I urge you don't let it happen.

If you don't slow down, and you continue to manage absolutely everything, then truly how much time will this leave you to work on the core, how much progress will truly be made?

You now have the support of some great people, so lets get back to what we should be doing.
Kind Regards.
Tom

skenow
  • 2007/6/17 2:35

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Far be it from me to buck the system, but here's where we are:

1 - The tasks and rules have been established
2 - People have stepped up to accept the tasks and the rules
3 - Those people just want to get to work and get past the semantics and discussions
4 - The primary role of the lead developer is to lead the core development, let us do our part while you do yours.

Tom is working with a group of people on news and promotion. I am working with a group of people on documentation. Ultimately, we are all part of the same team anyway - the XOOPS team.

tom
  • 2007/6/17 2:46

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

skenow wrote:
Far be it from me to buck the system, but here's where we are:

1 - The tasks and rules have been established
2 - People have stepped up to accept the tasks and the rules
3 - Those people just want to get to work and get past the semantics and discussions
4 - The primary role of the lead developer is to lead the core development, let us do our part while you do yours.

Tom is working with a group of people on news and promotion. I am working with a group of people on documentation. Ultimately, we are all part of the same team anyway - the XOOPS team.

Agreed.
Kind Regards.
Tom

gecko
  • 2007/6/17 4:48

• gecko

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/11

Nice!

Great little summary there and it looks good.

Roll on you guys.

Gecko

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits