lemondrop
Re: New users cannot register??
  • 2007/6/15 0:36

• lemondrop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/11

no I tried a few different email addresses,

Also i had the moderator rank turned off so i don't know why that happened so i guess I'll just delete the ranks and not be bothered with those.

huzhenghui tried to register and could not either?

script_fu

Anyway its working fine on this end. I left you a few posts on your forum. You might want to change a few more settings...

I cannot speak for other browsers like "cough" AOL

lemondrop
  • 2007/6/15 0:50

• lemondrop

• Just popping in

I didn't even configure the forum yet lol
That'll probably be another issue for me.

I came to XOOPS because I tried Joomla and I just found it way too overwhelming. I liked this because I could choose the modules I wanted to use and install them as I needed, but I see alot of stuff is way outdated.

I hope it picks up and doesn't die out.

Thanks for your help, I am sure I'll be around here begging for more help soon;)

Robin

script_fu

Xoops is the best thing to use starting out. It takes a lil while to get up to speed. Its all in the module selection.

You should set up a subdomain in your cpanel and then install XOOPS there first. That way you can test the modules first and see if you like them.

Its quite true that some modules are older all you half to do is ask about new versions of the ones you want to install. Anyone who has been around here for awhile can point you to the latest and greatest...

Btw welcome & Good luck...

Regards
Billy

Bender
  • 2007/6/15 8:45

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Please check your mainfile.php

How did you setup your url?

As www.sitename... or just sitename...(which i´d guess).

Change it to www.sitename... and try again.

(Actually you can even enforce having the error or not depending on which url you call your site right now)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

wingrider101

This thread has nothing to do with users not being able to register. Why did the original topic get moved here? The old thread was getting old because NO ONE HAD ADDRESSED THE PROBLEM, although SEVERAL users had the same problem, and it is a SHOW STOPPER.

I'm the guy in the middle who chimed in that I had the problem too. Thanks to not receiving a solution from this forum, I had to jerk out XOOPS, and put in Joomla, which I hate, but where I can at least get a straight answer on technical issues.

Instead of moving problems like this around (in effect closing them because of the thread you moved it into) why don't you get some of the fat cats at .ORG to look at some of these problems and fix them.

Angry? You bet. I spent five weeks getting XOOPS just the way I needed it to be, and had to trash the whole thing because user's could not register.

I am a commercial integrator, and IT Manager for SEVERAL small businesses. I was using XOOPS to help these companies who have very small budgets to get their company Intranets going. But I've got to tell you, your response to technical issues has become unacceptable and I'm now using other solutions.

I didn't mean to go on a rant, and that's not what this is. It's a cry in the wilderness to get you guys to get back to what's important. Making the thing work for new guys and old guys like me. I like XOOPS, I know XOOPS, but when a MAJOR problem comes up, and sits here for THREE MONTHS or more with no response, then I have to assume you just don't care any more.

Moving the thread is the final straw for me, and what set me off. Instead of helping to fix the problem, let's move it and see if it goes away. I'm disappointed. I'm frustrated, and you're probably going to kill this posting because that's what XOOPS has come to.

Byron A. McKay
McKay & Associates
Houston, TX.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Byron McKay
wingrider101 at gmail dot com
http://byron.homelinux.com
http://www.xoopstyro.com
-------------------------------------
Xoops CMS Intranet sites for Business
-------------------------------------

script_fu

This thread was never moved! The easy way to find the correct thread to respond to is to click on your own profile...

Try this one

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=58446&forum=1&post_id=259104#forumpost259104

Quote:

wingrider101 wrote:
This thread has nothing to do with users not being able to register. Why did the original topic get moved here? The old thread was getting old because NO ONE HAD ADDRESSED THE PROBLEM, although SEVERAL users had the same problem, and it is a SHOW STOPPER.

I'm the guy in the middle who chimed in that I had the problem too. Thanks to not receiving a solution from this forum, I had to jerk out XOOPS, and put in Joomla, which I hate, but where I can at least get a straight answer on technical issues.

Instead of moving problems like this around (in effect closing them because of the thread you moved it into) why don't you get some of the fat cats at .ORG to look at some of these problems and fix them.

Angry? You bet. I spent five weeks getting XOOPS just the way I needed it to be, and had to trash the whole thing because user's could not register.

I am a commercial integrator, and IT Manager for SEVERAL small businesses. I was using XOOPS to help these companies who have very small budgets to get their company Intranets going. But I've got to tell you, your response to technical issues has become unacceptable and I'm now using other solutions.

I didn't mean to go on a rant, and that's not what this is. It's a cry in the wilderness to get you guys to get back to what's important. Making the thing work for new guys and old guys like me. I like XOOPS, I know XOOPS, but when a MAJOR problem comes up, and sits here for THREE MONTHS or more with no response, then I have to assume you just don't care any more.

Moving the thread is the final straw for me, and what set me off. Instead of helping to fix the problem, let's move it and see if it goes away. I'm disappointed. I'm frustrated, and you're probably going to kill this posting because that's what XOOPS has come to.

Byron A. McKay
McKay & Associates
Houston, TX.

You posted in the wrong thread....

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/15 18:31

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

I just tried registering.

When I register athttp://www.yoursite.com I get the cannot register new user error

When I register athttp://sitename.com I do not have a problem.
Quote:

bender said:
Please check your mainfile.php

How did you setup your url?

As www.sitename... or just sitename...(which i´d guess).

Change it to www.sitename... and try again.

Check the mainfile.php somewhere around line 39

you might want to check some of your user settings, I get the rank as moderator

[size=x-small][moderator note: url changed on request of original poster since the problem is solved and the url should not remain public][/size]
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

lemondrop
  • 2007/6/15 18:43

• lemondrop

• Just popping in

Well, wingrider101... I apologize I didn't mean to hijack your thread and move it. I found your thread after I first posted, that is why I copied your problem into this thread. I was going to send you a message to see if you ever figured it out, but I don't know what I am doing anyway so the talk about apache and php5 goes right over my head anyway and I don't want to pretend to understand.

I am lucky some did jump in to offer assistance, I hope I can work throught this.

Now back to the www. thing.......

I am going to change it now to see if that works.

Thanks to all again very much and have a delightful day.

Sorry you are so angry Byron

Robin

lemondrop
  • 2007/6/15 18:52

• lemondrop

• Just popping in

Ok I changed it to www. in the mainfile.php and I was able to fake register a user!!! yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa
hopefully others can as well.

wingrider101, you also mad ethe comment that my thread here is not anything about users not being able to register, but that is what this discussion is all about??

Did I miss something?

Ok, farewell for now.

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits