ChaoticMess
Scaling up

Hi,

I've been working on a soon to be launched site where the management anticipates explosive growth. I'm curious how well the XOOPS framework scales up. Are there any docs on running a site with many users? Yesterday we had a teleconference with an Indian software group (they had about 125 programmers) and they mentioned how much they liked developing for xoops. When I asked them about scaling up to a large number of members and what resources we should prepare to use.they dodged my questions.

So how well does XOOPS scale? Is the XOOPS Cube software that much more scalable? They speak a lot of a leaner more scalable core.

huzhenghui
Re: Scaling up
  • 2007/6/15 5:08

• huzhenghui

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/24

Quote:

ChaoticMess wrote:
Hi,

I've been working on a soon to be launched site where the management anticipates explosive growth. I'm curious how well the XOOPS framework scales up. Are there any docs on running a site with many users? Yesterday we had a teleconference with an Indian software group (they had about 125 programmers) and they mentioned how much they liked developing for xoops. When I asked them about scaling up to a large number of members and what resources we should prepare to use.they dodged my questions.

So how well does XOOPS scale? Is the XOOPS Cube software that much more scalable? They speak a lot of a leaner more scalable core.

php is script engine. So you can install XOOPS on some hosts and share database.
gmail & gtalk: huzhengh (at) gmail (dot) com

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits