sailjapan
Re: [XoopsTeam] report - Forum Moderator - status

Maybe this thread is turning into a classic example of how a manager/leader/ombudsman's role really is necessary.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

vaughan
  • 2007/6/13 17:23

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

please re-read my previous post as i edited it.. but this #OOPS# site is sooo slow at moment you posted b4 my edit was submitted.

Quote:

IF moderators are asked by more than one community member to move a posting thread or make it accessable to only those registered members who are disscussing the issue then that NEEDS to be acted upon.

that is not in the moderators power.. we can't make forums registered only.. and if we could, we wouldn't be able to without the managements permission.

we did ask for that to happen, but the answer either did not arrive, or it was a 'NO'.

again like i said in my previous post.. some of our decisions were overturned without our being informed. however with the thread you are mentioning about being closed, can you provide me a link as there were that many flame-wars it's hard to remember which one.

not that it would have mattered, if we had closed and/or removed the threads, they would have started yet even more of them anyway..

Dave_L
  • 2007/6/13 17:45

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I think that complaining about the moderators should be interpreted as volunteering to be a moderator.

BlueStocking

The moderators are worthless to the community IF they do not have the authority to ACT.

IF they cannot be trusted to use good judgement then they should be relieved of that position and used where they have more value.

Again, my opinion.
BS

EDIT ADDON: after seeing David's post. IF the authority doesn't come with the job I don't see why anyone would volunteer to be a whipping boy/girl
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

davidl2
  • 2007/6/13 17:55

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Getting back to the subject, which is not to insult the moderating team - who get enough of this already

I've had to step down from active moderation on this site... partly due to past reasons, partly for lack of time as I'm working on other XOOPS related projects.

Anyway - I'll leave you back to your interesting and polite discussions without me sticking my nose in

PS: It is nice to see active debate... but let's keep it friendly everyone please?

vaughan
  • 2007/6/13 17:56

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

The moderators are worthless to the community IF they do not have the authority to ACT.

and that is where we are totally in agreement :)

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/13 17:58

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

I agree, however they need to be held accountable to something more than just the community.

If a decision is overturned it should be well explained why.

Quote:
IF they cannot be trusted to use good judgment then they should be relieved of that position and used where they have more value.

Only if you have someone who is willing to step up and take over.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

BlueStocking

David,
I like and appreciate what all of you moderators do. THAT actually probably isn't what I am complaining about. You all are doing your best and you are the forefront of what XOOPS is or can be. To me it is the MOST IMPORTANT job on this board.

A manifest for the moderators would be my first aim if I were lead moderator. (A job I will NOT take)

The best people out there for moderator position are the ones that are not verbal but fair minded and level headed.
That lets me out!!!

another BlueStocking opinion.

davidl2
  • 2007/6/13 18:05

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

:) Thanks BlueStocking

Although I've stood down from active duty - I appreciate the nice comments... as I'm sure my colleagues do - and the constructive criticism isn't bad either.

(Off topic: Gosh - isn't this site slow today )

BlueStocking

There is not a team member that is not qualified to moderate the board.

USE the handle MODERATOR 1 etc., and when any of them sees something going wrong one can step in, sign on as moderator and handle the situation. It is not necessary for us to know WHO pulled the plug.

My OPINION only.
BS

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits