nachenko
Tinyeditor and file uploads
  • 2007/6/11 15:58

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

Hi!

I can't manage to config TinyEditor to accept uploads. The first problem I have is that the button does not appear. (!!!) The folder button is properly inserted in the third toolbar, but the icon doesn't appear. All other buttons appear as expected.

What the...???

frankblack
Re: Tinyeditor and file uploads
  • 2007/6/11 16:02

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Quote:
What the...???

#OOPS# or hell?

As already said in the documentation xrmanager plugs into various plugins like the link or image plugins. When you click these plugins you will see a browse-button in the popup...

hth

nachenko
  • 2007/6/11 16:12

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

Thanks Frankblack

I read this, but I don't understand what's the point with the "folder" icon, the one that can be inserted in the toolbar but then it doesn't appear.

What is it for?

Can I upload, say, an EXCEL file using Tiny Editor and then create a link to download it? I supposed it can be done,, as you can add new Mimetypes in control panel.

frankblack
  • 2007/6/11 16:19

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

The problem I had was to make it visual to add xrmanager on the toolset page. The icon never appears as a clickable button in the editor, but the callback will be executed when you use eg. the link or image plugin. If the mimetypes are set correctly you can upload and insert xls-files as well.

nachenko
  • 2007/6/11 16:28

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

Great, thanks.

I tried to upload a ZIP file, but it doesn't appear. No error message, no errors on debug console, but no file either. I defined Mimetype as:

application/zip

I think this is the right one.

nachenko
  • 2007/6/11 18:51

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

OK, I got half the burrito. TinyEditor is able to create new subfolders into 'uploads', but when I upload a file, nothing seems to happen. The file seems to upload ok, but then it does not appear, neither in the uploads folder, or any subfolder. It isn't in the root, either.

But no error message in debug console either.

What am I doing wrong? I'm sure i'm pretty near.

tzvook
  • 2007/6/11 19:16

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hi nachenko
I has the same problem too .... files are not visible (though directories has files , can make new sub-dirs ... but no upload ...

Xoops 2.2.4 + suse-linux + php 4.x
and
Xoops 2.1.6 + suse-linux + php 4.x

I posted this info b4 , but no one has the solution ... yet ????

nachenko
  • 2007/6/12 8:53

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

OK, I think i got something.

The site is unable to resolve MIMEtype of ZIP and DOC files, but I managed to store a JPG and a GIF, so this is it.

The problem seems to be in function getMIME, file XRManager.php

Edit: I've tricked MIMEtype check so it's always true, just to make a try, and this still doesn't store DOC files. No error message, but no file either.

EDIT: The files is stored, but it doesn't appear when window refreshes. The file simply does not exist for the browser.

nachenko
  • 2007/6/14 11:21

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

OK, I got it.

There's some problems identifying MIMEtypes. It depends on server, and it uses a different method for PHP 4 and 5. My site runs PHP 4.3.2 and function getmimetype does not exist (yeah, the host sucks).

If it can't detect MIME correctly, you're out. No file upload, and not shown on browser window even if you uploaded by yourself with a FTP program.

tzvook
  • 2007/6/14 13:49

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

nachenko wrote:
My site runs PHP 4.3.2 and function getmimetype does not exist (yeah, the host sucks).

Well , Due to A LOT of php5 incompetebilities and gliches I don't see myself using the 5 version for some time ...

Login

Who's Online

430 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 430

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits