kurak_bu
[XoopsTeam] - kurak_bu - Documentation and Promotion - member
  • 2007/6/8 16:16

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

Hi, in the begining I'd like to say that I'm still learning XOOPS (as almost everyone).
My name is Michał Szyda, I live in Poland.
I work with XOOPS since 2003, after one year I got involved into Official Polish XOOPS Support (www.xoops.pl).
At the moment we are maintaining the site (a new design and new translate secition).

Recently I was invited to polish edition of PHP Solutions Magazine, they made an extra edition of magazine just about XOOPS. You can see it here:http://phpsolmag.org/pl/phpsolmag/issues/extra_22.html .
Me and my friend - red_Slider - wrote an article about prepare and installation of XOOPS. The magazine have also got CD inside. On this CD there is a 80-minutes video I've made. It is guide which include such parts: installation, article module, newbb m, news m, rmdp m, contact m, protector m, wf-links m, smartfaq m, xsgallery m, admin panel guide, modyfing a theme, installation of seo-url's hack.

I was creating it with "CamStudio" and we used red_Slider's voice (he is explaining my moves during the movie).
As you see I like make XOOPS understanable for every user. I've also translated a lot of modules into Polish. In my opinion local support sites has got a huge potential and are very helpful.

Words enough My idea is:
When the Documentation Team wrote any part of The New XOOPS Guide there will be reason to translate it into local languages. There sholud be a person who will supervise this job. I want to say that I could be a person who take responsibility for contacting with local support sites, translating a documentation and supervising a main site with translated docs.
You have to decide now, do you need such a person or not, if answer is no - sorry to bother you

davidl2
Re: [XoopsTeam] - kurak_bu - Documentation and Promotion - member
  • 2007/6/8 16:23

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

This is definitely a very valuable role!

JMorris
  • 2007/6/8 16:32

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Excellent! Even more skill in the realm of Documentation and Promotion.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

jensclas

wonderful Karak_bu! That would be fabulous.

Anonymous
  • 2007/6/8 21:58

• Anonymous

• Since:

Sounds just what is needed. Well done in coming forward!

JimLunsford

I would love to see those video tutorials.

kurak_bu
  • 2007/6/9 7:35

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

I'm very surprised of your opinions
At the moment I'm waiting for the contract from magazine and I don't know the circumstances of my work, I know it sound ridiculous...
When the contract arrive I will know what I can do with that video.
Regards, Michał Szyda

aph3x
  • 2007/6/9 9:20

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

If its the one Michał showed me some time ago than i can testify he's done a brilliant work
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

kurak_bu
  • 2007/6/9 10:18

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

hm..DefianceB0y, you are the man from Romania who is making such a great themes ?
If yes, why not to join Design Team ?

JimLunsford

Quote:

kurak_bu wrote:
I'm very surprised of your opinions
At the moment I'm waiting for the contract from magazine and I don't know the circumstances of my work, I know it sound ridiculous...
When the contract arrive I will know what I can do with that video.
Regards, Michał Szyda

It is not ridiculous. Over the last 6 months I have learned a lot about contracts and the effects they can have on people's lives. I signed a non-compete contract with my last employer now I cannot work within fifty miles or for two years doing what I love to do. So I understand when you say you better wait.

The reason I am interested in your videos is because I am doing this myself. I am not doing this for XOOPS related content but for Windows related content. I just wanted to see what methods you are using to achieve your goals. If you get a chance to share please let us know.

Jim

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits