optikool
Re: x_movie module installation help
  • 2007/6/5 17:19

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

Okay I think it's getting closer. I didn't have a login for your site so I just mimicked what I was able to see. I enabled the Top Videos and Recent videos and restricted anonymous users from seeing the Movies link in the Main Menu. When I do that the box disappears. However the Movies link is allowed for members so when I log in the Movies section appears in the main menu and the empty box appears in the center. Do you have a border that surrounds your xoops_contents? This would be located in the theme.html. Just for kicks I changed my theme to the fiblue3d that I used to use and the problem went away, but then I realized when I compared the theme.html that this theme doesn't have a boarder around the xoops_contents variable so that didn't help.

BroHam
  • 2007/6/5 17:40

• BroHam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/31

Quote:
I didn't have a login for your site so I just mimicked what I was able to see. I enabled the Top Videos and Recent videos and restricted anonymous users from seeing the Movies link in the Main Menu.

Though, you'll notice I am not currently restricting anonymous visitors from the Movies link, or, in my case, the VidZ link. It is appearing the same on my site, signed in or not.

Quote:
Do you have a border that surrounds your xoops_contents?

I suppose I don't. I am using margins and padding in my css, with images around the center column, which expands to fill the space of the left and right columns if they are not visible.
I don't know.

n01un0
  • 2007/6/5 18:25

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

A bit off topic from the above but still about x_movie so I figured I'd ask it here....

What file do I edit to remove the amazon ads/links that are above the video when viewing?

optikool
  • 2007/6/5 18:35

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

n01un0 wrote:
A bit off topic from the above but still about x_movie so I figured I'd ask it here....

What file do I edit to remove the amazon ads/links that are above the video when viewing?

This is in the admin section under General. Look for the section labed "Module Video Header Text/HTML"

optikool
  • 2007/6/5 18:37

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

BroHam wrote:
Quote:
I didn't have a login for your site so I just mimicked what I was able to see. I enabled the Top Videos and Recent videos and restricted anonymous users from seeing the Movies link in the Main Menu.

Though, you'll notice I am not currently restricting anonymous visitors from the Movies link, or, in my case, the VidZ link. It is appearing the same on my site, signed in or not.

Quote:
Do you have a border that surrounds your xoops_contents?

I suppose I don't. I am using margins and padding in my css, with images around the center column, which expands to fill the space of the left and right columns if they are not visible.

Okay so I missed the video link working. Yes that makes since why it works for you. So my options would be to either figure out what in the code is telling xoops_content there's something there when there's not or find a way to test for the current page the user is viewing and restrict xoops_content from being displayed. :(

BroHam
  • 2007/6/5 18:45

• BroHam

• Just popping in

Your source says you are using the wow2 theme? Is that 100% compatible with Xoops, or just phpnuke?

I ask because I have crusade_k as one of my reference themes, and the layout looks similar to your site. Crusade_k displays all correctly on my site, but I don't know how telling that is since I don't know what the differences are between it and your theme.

Where did you get your theme? Maybe I can install it and see if I have the same problem.
I don't know.

optikool
  • 2007/6/5 19:28

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

BroHam wrote:
Your source says you are using the wow2 theme? Is that 100% compatible with Xoops, or just phpnuke?

I ask because I have crusade_k as one of my reference themes, and the layout looks similar to your site. Crusade_k displays all correctly on my site, but I don't know how telling that is since I don't know what the differences are between it and your theme.

Where did you get your theme? Maybe I can install it and see if I have the same problem.

I created this theme from reading through the code for the theme fiblue3d and the documentation on the XOOPS website. You can download the theme from here...http://www.maesworld.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=1

BroHam
  • 2007/6/5 20:20

• BroHam

• Just popping in

Sure enough, that block shows up when I am using your theme. I played with your theme and css, but I didn't get anywhere (big surprise), sorry.
Wish you luck with it.
For what it's worth, if you just decided to leave it as is, it isn't that bad. You can almost pretend you have the empty block there on purpose, and I bet most users wouldn't know otherwise or even regard it as a "block."
I don't know.

test1000
  • 2007/6/11 12:36

• test1000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/11

the bugfixed version of X_Movie english for those, who still need it

http://www.einfach-computer.info/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=13

optikool
  • 2007/6/12 18:18

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Hi test1000,

Can you provide the bug fix code so I can integrate it into my version os x_movie? I have added the ability to stream movies from anywhere on the net, particularly divx movies that's not hosted at stat6 and it would probably be easier to add your code.

Thanks for the fix!!

Optikool

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits