EyeKeeper
User import problems xoops 2.016
  • 2007/6/5 16:58

• EyeKeeper

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/6/11

Hello!

I'm having some trouble with a site I recovered some time ago...

I was able to get everything up and running again after some time but I faced two problems...

1) I was not able to change the email preferences
2) I'm not able to send emails to the registered users group

For problem #1 I found out reading the forums and comments on the news that there could be a problem because of the user number (currently ca. 3600 users registered)

the suggestion was to perform the following code under phpMyadmin or similar tools on the database:

UPDATE `<prefix>_configSET `conf_formtype` = 'custom' WHERE `conf_id` = '73' LIMIT 1 ;

luckily it worked for me to access the preferences of the emails.

But anyway, I still can't send emails to the registered users group...

I'm able to send emails to individual users or any other groups at the site...
I don't know ahead as I tried tonnes of possibilities and nothing helped...

Has anyone already faced this problem?

xoops version: 2.016
mysql: 4
php: 4.4
Online host

Thanks for any help

[edited by me]
the error I receive is under FF or IE that I'm asked to save the file admin.php when clicking on send email to registered users
[end edited]

EyeKeeper
Re: User import problems xoops 2.016
  • 2007/6/5 23:55

• EyeKeeper

• Quite a regular

bump

skenow
  • 2007/6/6 0:31

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

RedEye wrote:

[edited by me]
the error I receive is under FF or IE that I'm asked to save the file admin.php when clicking on send email to registered users
[end edited]

Before I saw this, I was going to question whether any messages were sent, indicating a volume restriction by the email server. But, now, I wonder about the integrity of the file.

If you select 'Private message' instead of 'email', do you get the same results?

If you use the other filter options on the Mail Users form (I should verify that is how you are doing this), do you get the same results?

If you look at Groups - Registered Users, do you see users listed as part of the group?

What debug information do you have?

EyeKeeper
  • 2007/6/6 10:33

• EyeKeeper

• Quite a regular

Quote:

Before I saw this, I was going to question whether any messages were sent, indicating a volume restriction by the email server. But, now, I wonder about the integrity of the file.

all other options I use via admin.php wok ok, though... I have already reuploaded all XOOPS and module files, cleaned cache, templates, etc.... nothing helped

Quote:

If you select 'Private message' instead of 'email', do you get the same results?

yes... the same problem. It doesn't matter if I select email, pm or use users' preferences...

Quote:

If you use the other filter options on the Mail Users form (I should verify that is how you are doing this), do you get the same results?

no. In fact I just get this error when I try to send to the registered users' group (group 2). All other groups or filters work just fine.

Quote:

If you look at Groups - Registered Users, do you see users listed as part of the group?

yes. the first time I got this error I couldn't see them there, then I realized I had forgotten to import one of tables in the database. After this, things continued not working but at least the users where shown in their right group association.

Quote:

What debug information do you have?

None. Because I don't even get to process the page load. I asked a couple of friends to try from different locations and some are also asked to save admin.php and others just receive a blank page even with debug options on... I tried all debug options as well.

Thanks so far. Any other suggestions?

skenow
  • 2007/6/6 11:50

• skenow

• Home away from home

Well, the rest may not be pretty.

First, I would try to repair the users table using phpmyadmin.

Then, if that didn't work, I would drop the users table (after making a backup) and add a fresh one, add yourself and a few other users and test after that.

If that works, reimport your users and try again. If the problem comes back - you have a corrupt user record (or a malicious one). You will need to decide - go through each one to find the bad record, or dump them all and start over. You could empty the table again and only import 50 users at a time.

Good luck!

onasre
  • 2007/6/14 5:36

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

ihave the same exactly problem , any one found how to solve it
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

EyeKeeper
  • 2007/6/14 11:52

• EyeKeeper

• Quite a regular

well...

I tried many things so far, but nothing helped...

I'll be trying other things as well...

In case of success I post back here...

thanks so far then

skenow
  • 2007/6/14 14:30

• skenow

• Home away from home

Quote:
RedEye wrote:
Quote:

yes... the same problem. It doesn't matter if I select email, pm or use users' preferences...

"use users' preferences" is not an option on the Mail Users for 2.0.16 or 2.2.5. Are you sure of the version of XOOPS you are using?

EyeKeeper
  • 2007/6/14 16:10

• EyeKeeper

• Quite a regular

for sure

but this option is available using the xmail newsletter module

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits