catalin12345
newslleter module

there exist any newslleter module that permits for example:
to add emails bulk in the database not to add all the subscribers that i haved in one list one by one?!
i haved the database but i`ve loosed but i still got the file with all the emails to subscribers how can i add them batch to an newslleter from XOOPS or to add them by using phpmyadmin sql and how to?
Cool link 4 those who wants to sells their house free listing just need to register:http://www.draculaestate.com/registration/register.html
i`m waiting your answers!
thanks guys!
p.s:finded this coment on EvenNews module i want to ask if this has been done and there are any version of this module having or doing this things:?!
Admin Area
===============
Module button rollover pop up only displays "preferences" link, all other functions are not displayed. All the other function - config, subscribers, add newsletter etc, are available only if you click the mod button. Took me awhile to find them. This is not standard XOOPS UI. Should be fixed.

Text/HTML Format
===============
Subscribers can choose text or html format as a preference. However it's not clear if this really does anything. I composed an HTML message, but indicated as a subscriber that I wanted TEXT. The message was received as text. There's no way when sending a message to indicate sending it to "Text only" or HTML only subscribers

So either we could do the easy thing and simply eliminate the subscriber's choice. Most all current email clients can read HTML message.

Or the more complicated method - which I don't know has much value - when composing a message, there should be a "plain text version" and an "HTML version" and the message goes out as a multipart-MIME. Seems like too much work for little gain.

Bulk import of email addresses
===============
One can "import users" from the registered users list (respecting their "email" preferences which is nice), but should also be able to add a bulk list of emails via text file upload or cut/paste.

Misc.
===============
"Main Config Page" is blank. Not sure what should be there.

Bounce Control
===============
A way to manage bounced emails would be cool.
A way to know how may message "opens" you get would be cool too.

Blocks
===============
Need to create a "Recent/Current Issue" block for the module. At the moment the mod only has a "subscription block" and a its "main content block." A current issue block would have an admin configurable number of "recent messages" (1 thru 5?) - with some controls for truncation of titles and message content. Probably do not need the "from" in the blcok. This new block would be useful for a home page summary, where we don't need the "description" or "membership" sections that are in the "main content block"

vaughan
Re: newslleter module
  • 2007/5/13 20:01

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

http://smartfactory.ca/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=19

it's still in development though..

i think this is an updated version so farhttp://smartfactory.ca/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1937&forum=27

but you can catch up with latest news on it via the forum 'Smartmail community forum'

catalin12345

okay thanks very much vaughan!
p.s:do you know from where i can take 4images module for xoops?!thanks again!

catalin12345

also i have very good newslleter standalone but who knows and wish to contribute on XOOPS comunity and do it as an module for xoops?
i will share the code...
pls let me know via pm or in here!
p.s:just tested smartmail you cannot import mails from an file or bulk import or something...

catalin12345

i have an php newslleter that is very good that i haved buyed his name is: in out mailing list who can help me out i need an coder to make it available for XOOPS too?!
that module i will share it with all and will contribute on XOOPS module contributions and future!

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits