glogo
trouble with userinfo.php
  • 2007/5/13 16:15

• glogo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/22

Hi

Has anyone noticed that calling this page invokes a particularly inefficient script which tends to use up a lot of cpu time? My host has a rather low time-out for processes and whenever I click on any link to show userinfo my whole site goes down while the MySQL server reboots.

I am new to XOOPS and know very little about php-mysql.
Using 2.0.16 on Apache 1.3.37 with php 5.1.6 and MySQL 4.1.21.

I had been able to fix this at one point by de-activating some modules when I noticed a fatal error. The only way I was able to get it to even load to report that much was to first click on the user menu "edit profile" button, from there then go to the "view profile". If I click on user profile first, the script times out and I get an ugly grey screen telling me I have been very, very bad and used up more than 20% of the cpu capacity. That screen lasts for about 6-8 minutes and the whole site goes down, including other folders with flat files, which is rather disastrous.

I thought I had gotten this fixed, then it started again. So, I was trying to edit system_block_user.html and replace
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php"><{$block.lang_youraccount}></a>
for
<
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/userinfo.php?uid=<{$xoops_userid}>"><{$block.lang_youraccount}></a>

That seemed to work for a few minutes. Then I wanted to change something and the whole thing got discombobulated and refused to work at all. I could not access my site and had to disable the user menu. After disabling the user menu, all was well. Anyway, it was a "dirty" fix, but I need to get the site in production soon, so I figure, okay, we will sort this later. But now I notice that some script that has to do with userinfo.php is still causing an overload.
After the server times out and reboots, I can access the page, no problem and it does not give any fatal error, just the usual notices and so on.

NoticeUndefined indexid in /home/mysite/public_html/xoops/modules/content/blocks/ct_navigation.php on line 57

Notice
Undefined offset0 in /home/mysite/public_html/xoops/modules/content/blocks/ct_navigation.php on line 67

Notice
Undefined indexid in /home/mysite/public_html/xoops/modules/content/blocks/ct_navigation.php on line 78

Notice
A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/mysite/public_html/xoops/modules/wordpress/xoops_search.php on line 48

Notice
Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/mysite/public_html/xoops/modules/smartfaq/include/functions.php on line 588

Another thing happened. Yesterday, I tried to update a password on a sample profile, and it deleted the whole login.

I wonder if I can get around this by installing a different profiles module or something. But I have never had success using that module. It always seemed to crash my site.

Thanks for any help.

Greetings
Glogo

Herko
Re: trouble with userinfo.php
  • 2007/5/13 18:33

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The notices you posted don't have anything to do with any userinfo/user.php scripts. So they can't be a clue to what could be causing this.

Reading through your post I get a suspicion that the user database tables may be corrupted or something. Can you check that?
Can you reproduce the strange behaviour (deleting whole user info, site crashing) with the error logger turned on (system admin -> preferences -> general settings)?

Does the error log of the server give you any clues as to what might be going wrong? I tcould be a misconfiguration on the server level...

Herko

glogo
Re: trouble with userinfo.php
  • 2007/5/13 23:56

• glogo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/22

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
The notices you posted don't have anything to do with any userinfo/user.php scripts. So they can't be a clue to what could be causing this.

Reading through your post I get a suspicion that the user database tables may be corrupted or something. Can you check that?
Can you reproduce the strange behaviour (deleting whole user info, site crashing) with the error logger turned on (system admin -> preferences -> general settings)?

Does the error log of the server give you any clues as to what might be going wrong? I tcould be a misconfiguration on the server level...

Hi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU Exceeded Log For Sun May 13 10:17:22 2007

Sun May 13 10
:15:37 2007used  0.01 seconds of cpu time for HTTP Requestmyxoopssite.org GET /xoops/modules/myhomeHTTP/1.1
  Sun May 13 10
:14:48 2007used  0.01 seconds of cpu time for HTTP Requestmyxoopssite.org POST /xoops/modules/content/admin/index.php HTTP/1.1
  Sun May 13 10
:15:36 2007used  0.02 seconds of cpu time for HTTP Requestmyxoopssite.org GET /xoops/index.php HTTP/1.1
  Sun May 13 10
:17:20 2007used  68.00 seconds of cpu time for [[mysql query]]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU Exceeded Log For Sun May 13 12:02:45 2007

Sun May 13 11
:59:24 2007used  0.01 seconds of cpu time for HTTP Requestmyothersite.com GET /wordpress/?cat=3 HTTP/1.1
  Sun May 13 12
:01:43 2007used  0.01 seconds of cpu time for HTTP Requestmyxoopssite.org GET /xoops/xoops.css HTTP/1.1
  Sun May 13 12
:01:47 2007used  0.01 seconds of cpu time for HTTP Requestmyxoopssite.org GET /xoops/user.php HTTP/1.1
  Sun May 13 12
:02:42 2007used  55.00 seconds of cpu time for [[mysql query]]
----------------------------  
from slow queries log

# Sun May 13 12:02:42 2007
# Query_time: 55  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 5  Rows_examined: 30824696
use myxoopssite_xoop1;
SELECT w1.* FROM xoops_wiwimod AS w1 LEFT JOIN xoops_wiwimod AS w2 ON w1.keyword=w2.keyword AND w1.id<w2.id WHERE w2.id IS NULL AND w1.u_id='1' ORDER BY w1.lastmodified DESC LIMIT 05

This is what I find under two error logs for the server. It seems that every time there is a query that times out it is the wiwimod module that does it.

I don't know how to check whether the user database tables are corrupted.

I did not want to fool with it too much until I have rebuilt the site in a different folder or on a new server using a new MySQL database, for fear of losing even the admin profile, I guess.

I do know that I am having some trouble with the templates db. Like there is one template in the content module, if I try to edit the working template file, it tells me that it does not exist, but I know it does because the modifications on that template that are different from the default template are still being rendered in the pages of the site, even after clearing templates_c folder.

I guess I should probably get rid of or reinstall wiwimod. I was using that as a base for a lot of the content of the site and it has over 5500 files in it. So, that is where the XOOPS engine is getting bogged down apparently.

I was suspicious also of the server config, tho, because I had this whole setup on two other webhosts in exactly the same config with MySQL 4.0/4.1 and it worked perfectly and never timed out on the other servers. (Moved the site for reasons unrelated to this problem.)

This engine was installed by fantastico, which I have used often enough, but I also have installed it myself before, so I don't know if that makes any diff or not. I want to mirror the whole thing on another server. Just now am a bit tired, it's a lot of work to set it up, what with uploading all these different modules I have installed, but I guess I could just install the XOOPS engine with the wiwimod and try that out.

Greetings
Glogo

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits