phillipd
Need help with LDAP authentication
  • 2007/4/11 15:43

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/4/20

Was using the ldap hack in 2.0.7 which worked. The new LDAP auth in 2.0.16 doesn't work. The result I get in the slapd log is:

Apr 11 12:16:07 hq-net1 slapd[638]: conn=55904 op=0 BIND dn="ou=People,dc=oem,dc=doe,dc=gov" method=128
Apr 11 12:16:07 hq-net1 slapd[638]: send_ldap_result: err=13 matched="" text="confidentiality required"
Apr 11 12:16:07 hq-net1 slapd[638]: conn=55904 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=13 text=confidentiality required

Does "confidentiality required" infer some encryption is required?

The setup of the old LDAP hack did not require any password to search the DB. The new one gives me an error message if there is no password in the config? Why the difference?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Doug P

phillipd
Re: Need help with LDAP authentication
  • 2007/4/11 17:27

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

Is there a way to specify a "simple" query in the config? Also using TLS???

Doug P

phillipd
  • 2007/4/24 19:36

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

I tried to subscribe to xoopspro but I never got a confirming email to activate my subscription. I can't try again because it says my email address is in use. I'm in limbo!

Doug P (Still no resolution to LDAP problems)

phillipd
  • 2007/5/3 15:53

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

The Xoopspro site appears dead, or no one is watching for users requesting help. I've emailed pemen@frxoops.org but gotten no response.

How can I get some help with LDAP in 2.0.16? The LDAP hack used to work fine in 2.0.7. Should I put the hack back in 2.0.16? The problem is I recently took over this site and I can no longer find the LDAP hack the originator of the site used.

Thanks for any help

Regards

Doug P

pemen
  • 2007/5/3 20:11

• pemen

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/7/8 7

Hi,

Yes a little "dead" actually.
I received a mail but when I send a reply there is a Error mail server with no delivery.

It's the first time i see this error : confidentiality required

What is your mail server ? OpenLDAP ?

You can try the subscription one mor etime on XOOPSPRO if you want but your email seems to be strange.
Identity management, LDAP, Workflow and more
XoopsPro

phillipd
  • 2007/5/7 14:19

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

Ah! Thank you so much for interacting with me here! Here is the deal, Are you familiar with the old LDAP hack in Xoops? It never required a password to interact with my OpenLDAP server. I would like to get exactly the same functionality with the officially supported LDAP auth. Here is what I needed with the LDAP hack to authenticate to my OpenLDAP:

var $uid_attr = "uid";
var $mail_attr = "mail";
var $name_attr = "cn";
var $surname_attr = "sn";
var $givenname_attr = "givenname";
var $location_attr = "l";
var $office_attr = "physicaldeliveryofficename";
var $ldap_server = "hq-net1.oem.doe.gov";
var $ldap_port = 389;
var $base_dn = "ou=People,dc=oem,dc=doe,dc=gov";

These are all I had to set. Is the new LDAP auth based on the old hack?

Also, what is your email address? Our mail server must be black holing you, Ill put it in my white list...

Thanks
Doug P

ozp11
  • 2007/5/20 6:24

• ozp11

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/2 1

I'm looking for a way to make LDAP auth with xoops

Regardless the lack of replies here, are you able to do it now?

Do you know if its possible to make this deal when you have all your users in XOOPS db?

I want to enable LDAP but I have to find a way to maintain my users

carpeweb
  • 2007/5/22 18:36

• carpeweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/12

I've got a similar problem, but with a much more limited base of knowledge.

I would like to have my users authenticated with something external to XOOPS. I have no experience as a sys admin or anything close to that, so I need to know if it is feasible to set up LDAP on a shared server and then have XOOPS use it for authentication. (I think most xoopsers who want LDAP authentication are putting XOOPS into environments like intranets and extranets where they have their own servers. I can only afford shared hosting for my web sites.

I don't want to constrain my future web presence to using XOOPS only, and I don't want to force my users to register additional user names and passwords if I find more applications that I want to present to them. In other words, not everything is best delivered as a XOOPS module, so I'd like to get as close to a single sign-on as possible.

If XOOPS is set up to use LDAP, does that mean that the XOOPS registration process inserts the right information into LDAP, so that another application could also authenticate against the same LDAP?

If that is the case, then can I start with a fresh XOOPS installation and a fresh LDAP installation? As new opportunities arise in the future for applications other than XOOPS, I can integrate them with the existing LDAP, assuming they have that capability. (That's still a broader opportunity than just waiting for cool new XOOPS mods. I think XOOPS mods are great, but that's expecting too much from them, I think.)

Where should a novice start with all of this?

Thanks,
Jim

ozp11
  • 2007/5/22 19:24

• ozp11

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/2 1

Hello Jim.
Isn't this funny?

Many people needs a way to auth users from many systems.

LDAP is the solution for those peoples and many systems today support LDAP.

But I think this is not a very important issue for Xoops.

Xoops does not even have avatar resize!

Xoops banners are made to count how many impressions they made, instead to count how many clicks they had (in order to expire)

If this is happening , how we could even think about LDAP?

cgoudouris
  • 2007/6/22 19:15

• cgoudouris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/22

I have a solution for you !
Stop playing around with this junk and start using a real CMS : PLONE (www.plone.org).

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits