kotis
Koivi editor themes and fonts
  • 2007/4/28 13:58

• kotis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/23

When you type text in Koivi, the editor uses a default serif font to present text, probably a font preselected by the browser - it's a font like Times new Roman or similar. To use a better looking screen font for the editor, you have to select a font like Verdana from the drop down fonts list (if there is one). This is true for all Windows browsers and also Firefox fow Linux. It only shows up with a nice looking font on Macs.

It seems that Koivi uses themes to control it's appearence. There are two themes available - default and xp. Unfortunately switching themes only affects the button appearence and not the way the content appears. The style sheet in both themes have no option to change the default font used in Koivi.

There is also a CSS tick box at the bottom right side of Koivi. When a user clicks that box, the editor applies the default style sheet to the editor content. I managed to force Koivi load with that tick box preselected, but it refused to load the default site style sheet - i just had now to tick twice that box to load the style sheet.

Is there a way to change the default font in Koivi so when users type in the editor window, they have a better experience?

kotis
Re: Koivi editor themes and fonts
  • 2007/5/1 6:30

• kotis

• Just popping in

Anyone? Please...

snow77
  • 2007/5/1 8:34

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

something like this in the style.css of you your theme might do the trick:

textarea {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 10pt;
}
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

kotis
  • 2007/5/1 15:40

• kotis

• Just popping in

Quote:

snow77 wrote:
something like this in the style.css of you your theme might do the trick:

textarea {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 10pt;
}

Thank you snow77 for your reply... Unfortunately it isn't working...

I believe that the editor frame is not using css at all at the moment... there must be a way to load a style sheet while koivi is starting, but i can't find it...

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits