Karen
Blank page on AdminMenu
  • 2007/4/28 23:47

• Karen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/28

Hi
I'm a moderator on LabradorsOnline and have administrative priveledges, was working in there and went back to the home page to check something, when I clicked back on admin menu all I get is a blank page? I did get the XOOPS news link to work for a minute but now only the back to home page link does everything else is a blank Is there anything I can do to fix it? The webmaster is away at the moment Its 2.0.14 version I am very new to this and any feedback would be helpful and I can pass any information on Thank you.

skenow
Re: Blank page on AdminMenu
  • 2007/4/29 0:29

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I am guessing the url ishttp://labradorsonline.com/ - the user side appears to be working correctly.

I recommend you delete all your local temp files.

In IE - Tools - Internet Options - on the General tab: Delete cookies and Delete files.

In Firefox - Tools - Options - Privacy tab: Private date/Clear now...

Close and reopen your browser and try again.

Karen
  • 2007/4/29 1:29

• Karen

• Just popping in

Steve
Thanks for your help I appreciate the response but it didnt help, any other suggestions? and yes the user side is fine the admin menu link is there but takes you to a blank page and the admin site where we post works as well < it just baffles me that I was working on the system forum on avatars went to check on something came back and the whole page was blank.

Karen
  • 2007/4/29 1:45

• Karen

• Just popping in

Karen,
I went to your page and it looks really nice.
IF it were me I would reboot MY COMPUTER or check it out on another computer.

It is possible you have just the blank page in your cache or cookies and it is nothing to really worry about.

Then if that didn't work I would come back here for some better information.

Someone can help you through it....

BlueStocking

Thanks Blue stocking but I asked another moderator to log in and check and she is getting a blank page also so its not my computer , Just wondering how it happened? Or why?

demonica
  • 2007/4/29 1:56

• demonica

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/19

Karen, I am having sa somewhat similar problem with my site. I have been working around it by using the url

(sitename)/modules/system/admin.php

to get to my system admin menuu

and similar format for my modules (exact structure varies from module to module)

skenow
  • 2007/4/29 1:58

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

What do you mean by 'the admin site where we post'?

Karen
  • 2007/4/29 3:03

• Karen

• Just popping in

Quote:

demonica wrote:
Karen, I am having sa somewhat similar problem with my site. I have been working around it by using the url

and similar format for my modules (exact structure varies from module to module)

Thanks for that tip but its not working either

by skenow on 2007/4/29 2:58:38

What do you mean by 'the admin site where we post'?

I aplogize I was'nt clearer We have a seperate block forum for administrators (Admin Topics) that we can post things on under the Recentley Replied Topic forums. The only problem is theUnder the header of the Admin Menu is a blank white page wher ethe Control Panel and text usually are . Thanks again for any brain storming that may resolve this issue. I so appreciate it.

Karen
  • 2007/4/29 12:57

• Karen

• Just popping in

Quote:

demonica wrote:

Goodmorning I tried this again this morning and I can get to the system config block !!! its a step thank you for that information My goal this morning is to be able to get to the control panel , any tutors willing to help me Thank you so much you have all been so helpful I'm feeling a bit more confident.

JCDunnart
  • 2007/4/30 19:18

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

What were you working on when this started happening?

If you can access the site preferences ([yoursite]/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=show&confcat_id=1) then switch on the debug and visit the blank page - hopefully you'll see an error message, if so post it here.

Login

Who's Online

78 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 78

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits