mboyden
Help - IP Banned from XOOPS.org??
  • 2007/4/23 19:31

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I seem to have my IP banned from XOOPS.ORG. I'm only getting a blank page. If I specify a proxy server, I can at least reach the site. I'm logged in right now using lynx. I must have tripped Protector's settings or something, but now I can't participate in the forums. I restarted my browser. I can't use IE or Firefox unless I go through a proxy server. I'm on one of my servers logged in using lynx. Every browser on every computer in my house is unable to connect, so it must be the IP address. The IP address I'm using is 24.155.108.231 and the gateway is 24.155.109.254. My assumption is that it is one of those. Please, please please help. You can reach me via e-mail at mark.boyden@noise.org . Many thanks, --Mark
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

vaughan
Re: Help - IP Banned from XOOPS.org??
  • 2007/4/23 19:34

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

i'll pass this onto someone who can check..

in the meantime, is your IP dynamic? if you reset your router or modem, would it give you a new IP?

mboyden
  • 2007/4/23 19:58

• mboyden

That is a good suggestion, of course, but, no I had tried that. Their DHCP server apparently holds onto the MAC address or something. I even tried releasing it first, then cycling the power on both the cable modem and the internal router. Same IP/Gateway, unfortunately. I also tried PM'ing, but lynx won't do that. The proxy servers I found won't hold enough information to keep me logged in to post, so lynx it is. Thank goodness for notifications via e-mail. And thanks for your assistance and help. I'm in the midst of a project and it's certainly causing problems for me. I have posted a few posts today and yesterday, much aflurry compared to other days. --Mark
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

mboyden
  • 2007/4/23 23:30

• mboyden

Well, I'm back in again. Not sure what happened, eggzactly, but am happy to be back. Thanks. --M

MadFish
  • 2007/4/24 1:20

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I had this problem last week, and a few others have reported it too. I found that clearing out my cookies fixed the problem. If it's caused by Protector, reducing the number of protected bits might help (but maybe that's not a good idea).

It seems to happen when your IP changes (eg. dialing back in on a modem after the connection dropped out).

mboyden
  • 2007/4/24 12:46

• mboyden

I did try clearing my browser cache, rebooting, etc., but that didn't do it. I didn't clear my cookies, though. BTW, I use a broadband connection (cable) with a firewall and router on the inside.

However, I was able to login to the site using lynx (a text-based web browser available on most linux systems). So, I decided that it had to be IP based. I looked on my own sites (I use Protector, too, of course) at the settings to see what I might have triggered, but I'm still not sure.

In the end, a few hours later, I was able to get back onto the site.

I hope this helps others. Peace,

Mark

Login

Who's Online

319 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 319

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits