Herko
Re: calling phppp & skalpa, please comment on this thread!
  • 2007/4/20 20:27

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

eric235u wrote:
Herko:
Quote:
Please, read the posts made here. If you don't know what is going on where, you will have to look. The sf.net forums are the place where this is being discussed. In recent days, more actively, thanks to the efforts of some developers.

i do not believe what u have just said is accurrate. can u provide a link? the last post i see there is in the thread i started. unless of course your talking about some secret discussion again...

No, that's it right there. The last thread is yours indeed, but there are other threads discussing many differnt aspects of core development. If your point is that there should be more discussions, then I cant provide a link for you. It's not about quantity tho.

Oh, and thje core dev team probably uses IM a lot too. And the trackers provide a lot of information as well.

These are all very common developers tools. They're simply used...

Herko

eric235u
  • 2007/4/20 20:33

• eric235u

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/19

no they are not being used. that is my point. if you would like me to give the stats i will.

eric235u
  • 2007/4/20 20:40

• eric235u

• Not too shy to talk

Discussion Forums: Open Discussion. 0 threads this year.

Discussion Forums: Help. 1 thread this year.

Discussion Forums: Developers. 0 threads in 3 years!

Discussion Forums: Core Development 8 threads this year with mine being the latest.

Please do not be offended, but I suspect you do not understand how to utilize the dev resources at sourceforge. If you think they are being used, you are mistaken. SVN / CVS activity is dead. That is a fact.

Herko
  • 2007/4/20 20:43

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

They *are* being used. Everything that happens there is it, basically. That and in the trackers. Please give us statistics detailing stuff that didn't happen there but should have happened there instead.

Again, if you feel *more* should happen there, I agree. But not because now everything is happening hidden, but because more could be done with core development in general.

Oh, and you misread the sf.net method of displaying threads. The threads are shown based on the time the discussion started, not on the time of the latest post in the thread. So there has been happening a lot more then just your thread.

Herko

jdseymour

Sorry to interject, but where is your IM statistics above?

Most of my communication is done over IM, it is interactive, I can save relevant information, and it is possible to discuss in groups.

Not trying to to say your statistics are wrong, but modern IMS make communication easy. I am not a dev, but do discuss some things at times through IM.

eric235u
  • 2007/4/20 20:49

• eric235u

• Not too shy to talk

i have just clearly shown that the common developement tools are NOT being used. that is fact. it is the only reasonalbe measure of progress. it clearly shows that we are not progressing.

your arguement that development is using some other means is fine, all you have to do is provide evidence. otherwise you're merely blowing hot air and wasting our time.

web-M
  • 2007/4/20 20:53

• web-M

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

waisting our time??

All we do is responding to your postings!

the trackers at sf.net show activity from january till now

JCDunnart
  • 2007/4/20 20:58

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

Quote:

web-M wrote:
waisting our time??

All we do is responding to your postings!

that says it all

vaughan
Re: is it time for a lead project manager?
  • 2007/4/20 21:08

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

let me say again!

the core devs are hearing you, they have agreed to certain proposals, but they are discussing this further between themselves. I am not at liberty to discuss what proposals they are agreeing on or what is going to happen next. I simply stated that they are being discussed between them.

I did NOT say that these discussions that i mention involved core development. they are related to the community interest as a whole and until a clear path is drafted out and an agreement decided on as to how to implement, they will not be made public!! why not you are going to ask? well simply put, there's too much info to decide on, like i said.. slow down, be patient, the news will come when the news is ready to be released and NOT until then. but there will be changes.

as for development, James posted the development discussion & process as it stands now earlier in the week. that development on merging XOOPS 2.0.x & 2.2.x is being worked on now!! before 2.3 is released instead of after 2.3!! that's the development status as of NOW!!

the community side of things is the next phase of change which is going to happen.. but please WAIT!!

Herko
  • 2007/4/20 21:09

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

eric235u wrote:
i have just clearly shown that the common developement tools are NOT being used. that is fact.

And we've disputed this several times. Progress is slow, but measurable on sf.net. Your point was that sf.net should be used for all core development activity and that this isn't the case. That point has been refuted. ALL development that takes place, is done publicly on sf.net. If that means that there hasn't been a lot of development, then you're right. But these last few days Rowd has started accepting bug reports and submitted fixes. She is part of the core development team, and thus the development of XOOPS continues.

Ignoring arguments is what causes air to heat up

@JCDunnart: lol! And you're right. We should get back on topic: how things can be *done*.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits