Catzwolf
Re: is it time for a 'lead project manager'?
  • 2007/4/19 23:20

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Regarding what Dave? You hostle? Pigs will fly first lol

I am just saying that there are ways of doing things and ways of doing things.........

So how is the weather over there?

lol

Lance_
Re: is it time for a lead project manager?
  • 2007/4/19 23:25

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

This is just getting fun!!
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Catzwolf
  • 2007/4/19 23:29

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Edit:

I wish XOOPS all the best for the future and I wish all the users a better bright future.

Good luck to you guys and would be nice to see all the troubled times behind you.

ATB

Catz

BlueStocking

I second that edit!

Good Call...
Thanks,

I still think Moderators don't need a moniter. I'ts a job and names tend to make it personal. I think Moderators would make good community members too if we could tell when they were wearing which hat.

BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Catzwolf
  • 2007/4/19 23:43

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Lol sorry I removed my post because I thought it might offend or increase the problems here :)

edit:

I have known bender and worked with him for the longest, and trust me he has what it takes to do the job.

:)

MadFish
  • 2007/4/20 0:03

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Just a thought - might want to check that the people listed above are actually interested first. Because some of them certainly won't be!

I don't mind the idea of a project manager (or whatever you want to call it). But there should be an open selection process, and a mechanism for changing them, if it doesn't work out well.

Catz will you either decide to stay or at least stop wishing us farewell!! <grin>.

Catzwolf
  • 2007/4/20 0:11

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Oh that wasn't a farewell speach :) Just wellwishes for all :)

Oh I just noticed you live in the same town/city where my sister in law lives :)

MadFish
  • 2007/4/20 0:25

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Glad to hear it p :If you visit I'll buy you a beer :)

One other thought on this project manager business: I suggest that the main role should be about facilitating community input and activity.

Put another way: The person should not be expected to carry all the work themselves, and nor should the position be about making unilateral decisions.

(Not having a go at anyone, its just that I already live in a military dictatorship!)

jmorris2
  • 2007/4/20 1:40

• jmorris2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/17

I've been lurking around XOOPS for several years. I only just registered because I'm seeing simple questions go unanswered because of redundant, and IMHO useless threads like this taking up the lion's share of the homepage.

But since we're on the topic of Project Managment, I'll comment based on my observations.

A single Project Manager will not work. We saw this with Herko. He tried, but the model didn't work, nor did the "Core Team/Management Team" model.

It's just my opinion as a lurker, but I would think that a model where a small group 3 or 5 members, each with a specific area of responsibility would work better. For example...

Have a manager of the following 5 areas of XOOPS:
Core
Addons
Community
Publicity
International

Those 5 would form a council or "Board of Directors" that ultimately has the final vote. Under each "Director" would be a team of peers who tasks could be delegated to.

Food for thought. For a project as old as this one, you would think you'd have all these details worked out by now.
The lights are on... nobody's home

skenow
  • 2007/4/20 2:15

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

nobody wrote:

Have a manager of the following 5 areas of XOOPS:
Core
Addons
Community
Publicity
International

Those 5 would form a council or "Board of Directors" that ultimately has the final vote. Under each "Director" would be a team of peers who tasks could be delegated to.

A simple approach that might work. Can you elaborate on the International area? I'm not sure what would fit in there.

Login

Who's Online

104 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 104

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits