jeffgr
Wraps module... how to install?
  • 2007/4/14 4:29

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install the Wraps module, by GIJOE

http://xoops.peak.ne.jp/md/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=97&cid=1&easiestml_lang=xlang%3Aen

I'm very confused when it comes to the instructions on that page...I have tried to follow it to the letter, with no luck.

Any hints on how to install this module? I think the instructions are worded strangely...and I may be misreading them...any thoughts on where the instructions may not make sense?

I am trying to wrap the PHPizabi application so that is is a module in Xoops. If anyone can suggest a better way to do this then the Wraps module, I am all ears!

Thanks,

jeffgr

martyboy
Re: Wraps module... how to install?
  • 2007/4/14 9:25

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi, im not sure you can wrap a standalone php application in wraps, ive never tried it though so I could be wrong. Have you tried installing it and importing plain html files to see if it works?

Even if you got the phpizabi app to wrap into your XOOPS theme it wouldnt use XOOPS users or XOOPS groups that would require considerable modification to the phpizabi script.

Your best bet would be if someone like phppp took up a project to integrate it to xoops, i believe he integrtated wordpress and mediawiki, maybe if you contact him he would look at it the site is www.xoopsforge.com your other option would be if a phpizabi or XOOPS developer creates some sort of plugin or bridge.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

jeffgr
  • 2007/4/14 10:19

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

(double post)

jeffgr
  • 2007/4/14 10:19

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

I can't even get this module to work so that it displays plain html files as a test...I just can't figure out the intallation instructions properly I guess.

Yes, even if I was able to wrap this script, there would still be two login systems...one for xoops, and one for phpizabi. While I WOULD like the two apps to share the same logins, I was just going to run them side by side for the moment, and use the phpizabi signup/user accounts instead of the XOOPS one. I would hack the XOOPS theme and blocks so that the user and register links etc. point to the phpizabi site, and would just ignore the user account on XOOPS for now.

Although it would be great if someone wanted to figure out how to bridge these two scripts! :)

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits