carpeweb
Where is MyDownloads in "Core"?
  • 2007/4/13 5:44

• carpeweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/12

Several of the downloads modules in the modules repository refer to the "MyDownloads module" in the "core".

Does this mean that I don't need a separate module for file downloads if I just want basic downloads functionality? If so, where do I find MyDownloads in my installation? If there is other basic functionality built into the "core", where do I find that?

I'd rather not install another module unless I need it.

Thanks,
Jim

MadFish
Re: Where is MyDownloads in "Core"?
  • 2007/4/13 5:50

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

You will need to download and install MyDownloads separately. It used to be distributed along with the XOOPS core (ie. the system module), but not anymore.

I really recommend WF-Downloads although it is much more complicated (on the admin side). MyDownloads is no longer being maintained.

You can get WF-Downloads from www.smartfactory.ca

carpeweb
  • 2007/4/13 6:31

• carpeweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/12

Thanks. I wasn't expressing a preference for MyDownloads. I was expressing a preference for laziness/simplicity (not adding a module if the functionality is already there). WF-Downloads looks like one of the most popular, so that's a pretty good reason to start with it, too.

Thanks again,
Jim

christian
  • 2007/4/13 7:47

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

On personal site' Hervet you can download a special version mydownloads 1.41 optimised for SEO.

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits