jdseymour
Lets try to find a solution (module not found error)

Again working on a clients site I have come across this "module not found" error when attempting to install a module.

Last week just after I upgraded the site to 2.0.16 I was able to install them with no trouble. The site is on a private server with php version 4.4.6 and MySQL 4.1x.

To trouble shoot the problem I have done the following:

The connection to the server is through SSH, same as on my server.

I have used both SFTP and SCP protocols to upload the modules.
First I noticed that the files I uploaded were owned by root (thought that was a problem) so I chowned the files and folders to be owned by the user the server runs as. Still no glory.

I have removed all unused modules, checked the database for stray tables. I have checked all debug modes for errors, none relevant to the issue.

I have tried different modules, still get the same error in the module admin. Upload the same modules to my site shows without problem.

I need other ideas of what to check next. I have a few maintenance items left to do, but am stuck until I get this fixed.

JMorris
Re: Lets try to find a solution (module not found error)
  • 2007/4/11 21:21

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Ar you getting the module not found message, like when you've uploaded the module file structure incorrectly (i.e.: xoops_version.php not in the root of the module)?

If so, it sounds like your folder permissions are correct, but the file permissions are not.

Have you set your umask to 0022 so that the modules have the correct chmod settings when uploading.

Just throwing that one out there in case.

Indeed. Odd one.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

jdseymour

Yes I have double checked the permissions, directories 755 files 644. Yes the folder structure is correct, double and triple checked that, as well as uploaded the same module to my server that worked as expected.

Really got me stumped.

vaughan
  • 2007/4/11 22:12

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

any particular PHP configuration differences between servers?

Catzwolf
  • 2007/4/11 22:25

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Couple of things,

1. I would suggest this debugging: In XOOPS moduleadmin, there is an install function. In there somewhere try echo out the path that XOOPS is using it install a module (ie, the path that XOOPS thinks it is.). If it is the same then...

2. Is there a problem with the module database? is this corrupt?

3. As a debugging: in the kernel directory, look for module.php. In this class there is a function called 'loadInfo'. You can a var_dump() of '$this->modinfo' (around line 205 (ish). Again this will output various information about the module. If this is empty you know that XOOPS cannot find it local.

4. Check to see if the module is installed in the database, try the modules database.

Somethings to try to debug I guess (If you haven't already done so :) )

Catz

MadFish
  • 2007/4/12 1:14

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Maybe try deleting cache/adminmenu.php. Sometimes I get problems on the module admin page and clearing this out often fixes it.

jdseymour

Thanks all for the suggestions. I did try deleting adminmenu.php (one of the first things I tried).

Just repaired his database, had a table with over 5 million PMs. Going to work out a script to keep that table smaller (was 4.2 gigs).

16,000 active (and actively using) members on that site. I will explore further on Friday. Going to first explore and optimize the database for anything else left over. Going to set up some cron jobs for preventive maintenance.

Will post when I find the solution. Keep the suggestions coming though.

Thanks again.

MadFish
  • 2007/4/12 1:39

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Irmtfan posted a script to clear PM's more than 30 days old recently.

jdseymour

Great. Thanks for the link. Will give it a go this weekend.

Login

Who's Online

377 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 377

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits