snow77
multiMenu and permission management
  • 2007/4/11 8:30

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

About the multimenu module (currently using version 1.9)

Let's say there are 5 main links each with a set of permanent sublinks and that each main link will be visible to a different user group.

When setting the permissions for Main Link One to be seen by Group A, Main Link Two to be seen by Group B, and so on... I was hoping that all the permanent sublinks adopt the same permission setting as the one set to the main link they are inside in... but they don't, and I guess it would be more logical if they did.

I suggest that sublinks adopt the same permission settings as the ones the user sets on mainlinks, and then if necessary the end user applies specific permissions to the sublinks that might need a special different setting.

Marco
Re: multiMenu and permission management
  • 2007/4/11 9:14

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

and I guess it would be more logical if they did.

well, on your point of view. others are asking the contrary...
the best would be to be able to apply main link rights on sublinks automaticaly and on demand (a checkbox)
marco
Do synergy or die.

davidl2
  • 2007/4/11 9:21

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Do you mean that this should be an option Marco? Perhaps that would be the best way.

snow77
  • 2007/4/11 11:09

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
to apply main link rights on sublinks automatically
yes, Marco that what was what I was trying to explain, for the permissions to be automatically set on the sublinks the same moment you do a change to the permissions on the mainlinks.

snow77
  • 2007/4/11 11:32

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

Marco you have access to the demo site, you will see that when you login as the test user with full view there is like 9 Main Links on top in the main navigation of the theme.

The idea is to have practically 9 sites in one using only permissions, I started testing permissions with "essentials" disabling all the Main Links except "essentials main link", essential user will only see essentials (this would be the pattern for all the sets).

I only changed permissions on the Main Links, not touching the Sub Links permissions. And then when I went to look what happened to the main top menu bar where multimenu is in the theme and saw the dropdown ...all the Sub Links from the Main Links that I had disabled for essentials group moved inside the essentials Main Link; because all the Sub Links permissions didn't change automatically when I did the change to the Main Links.

It be better if Sub Links permissions would be set automatically according to the permissions put on Main Links.

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits