boumbo
XBS_TAGS Module: add different meta tags for each page in same module
  • 2007/4/9 17:32

• boumbo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/25

I installed XBS TAGS module on XOOPS 2.2.2 and I was wondering how I can specify different meta tags for each page under the same module?

In the XBS TAGS documentation, it says that we can add pages manually:

"You may also manually add a page to the list. You may wish to do this for a module page that does not get automatically included by the Update process. If for instance, a page is displayed by a module that is not as a result of a user menu selection (perhaps as a result of pressing a button or clicking on a link within a page), the Update process will not find it and you will have to manually add it."

Does anyone know how I can do that in the module Config in the Page MetaTags Edit ?

Example:

I want to include a specific title, description and keywords for this dynamically generated page:
http://www.minacom.com/modules/minaweb/index.php?command=defaultPage&operation=displayCategory&id=1

but I want different keywords for this page(under the same module):
http://www.minacom.com/modules/minaweb/index.php?command=defaultPage&operation=displayCategory&id=2

I can insert new pages but how do I specify the url of the page?

Would appreciate some help on this.

Thanks

Patrick S.
Web developer

chippyash
Re: XBS_TAGS Module: add different meta tags for each page in same module
  • 2007/4/11 5:42

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Patrick

You can't differentiate the page according to the parameters passed to it. The base page name is the key that is used to access the keywords. You would need to modify the include/metatags.php file to capture the parameters and modify the keyword generation to your requirements.

BTW, there is a support forum for metatags at xoobs.net

A

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits