blanchae
AMS article content teaser length?
  • 2007/3/30 4:26

• blanchae

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/19

I was wondering if it is possible that on the AMS main article page, that a teaser length could be added to the article listing similar to Spotlight's teaser. I would like the user to select Read More to see the complete article. This would promote the use of comments and rating of articles.

Here's my website with the full length content which I would like to shorten to one teaser line of content per article list:

http://www.catsasskustoms.com/modules/AMS/

I've tried to burrow my way through the AMS Spotlight files to see how its done but it's way beyond my programming capabilities.

TIA

brash
Re: AMS article content teaser length?
  • 2007/3/30 7:58

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Yep, there are two tags for AMS that help you manage paging;

Use Quote:
[extend]
to mark where you want AMS to end the teaser section. Only code above this tag will be displayed in index and topic views.

Use Quote:
[pagebreak]
to mark where you want AMS to start a new page.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

blanchae
  • 2007/3/31 5:39

• blanchae

• Just popping in

When I edit an article and move the [extend] to where I want it, then select one of the revision buttons and post the new revision, the [extend] tag is visible in the article. Here's an example:

http://www.catsasskustoms.com/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=403

Suggestions? Is there a preference that needs to be change for it to recognize the [extend] tag?

blanchae
  • 2007/4/5 4:47

• blanchae

• Just popping in

I switched to the Koivi editor and it provides a text area (teaser) and an extend area. Works great and very simple to install. Basically, unzip the xk_editor package and copy the wysiwyg folder to the XOOPS class folder in your main XOOPS directory.

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits