rlankford
CBB - Notifications Disappearing
  • 2006/7/18 15:52

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

Xoops: 2.0.13.2
CBB: 3.04

I manage a XOOPS based intranet portal using CBB as my forum. I've had complaints of notifications disappearing. As far as I can tell, CBB is the only module that this happens with.

Here are a couple of screenshots showing the notifications for the same user on two different days. This user says that they did not remove any notifications -- that they just disappeared!

Resized Image
6/29/2006

Resized Image
7/18/2006

Does anybody have any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

jensclas
Re: CBB - Notifications Disappearing

I am only guessing here...
has a moderator/webmaster changed or altered the permissions for the bug tracking, writing issues and bandit threads? Changed them in any other way?

rlankford
  • 2006/7/19 11:39

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

Not to my knowledge. There are a couple of other webmasters, but they leave 99% of the stuff to me. I've been out of the office (holiday, vacation) nearly all the days from 6/29 to 7/18. I can remember no administrative functions related to the forum that I would have attempted during this time.

Thanks for the post.

rlankford
  • 2007/1/16 23:51

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

I'm still having this problem. :(

Recently, I reorganized my forum. I moved some around, changed some permission settings -- stuff like that. Then, of course, the same person immediately popped back up and mentioned that they had lost their notifications again.

So then she set them back up again. Everything is fine. So I upgraded XOOPS from 2.0.13.2 to 2.0.16 and applied a new theme. So what happens the next day? You guessed it, the global notification for new posts to the entire forum went missing for her.

My next bet is to upgrade the cbb forum to the latest version in some vain attempt that this issue has been addressed.

Does anyone out there know anything about this? Is this one of those things that may be a bug, but no one really notices it?

I'd go into the source and look for the bug myself, but I honestly cannot reproduce this in any way that can even get me started on a path to enlightenment!

Thanks in advance...

rlankford
  • 2007/3/23 16:35

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

Well, in case anybody ever stumbles across this...

I did finally figure out what was wrong -- and I'm embarrassed that I wasn't able to figure it out quicker than I did. Apparently, there were a few of my users who had altered their "Default Notification Mode" to say "Notify me only once" -- which I didn't even know existed!

So, no problems with any XOOPS code, it was actually a feature and not a bug.

Although, I gotta wonder why someone would ever want to enable that feature -- maybe a developer testing their notifications to see if they work?

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits