seawolf
Xoopseditor FCKeditor
  • 2007/3/19 14:22

• seawolf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/19

I've installed XOOPS 2.0.16 and several modules that uses FCKeditor from xoopseditor (http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?htmlarea).

For example in the articles module the editor loads but with an error that don´t let us write. I'm using PHP 5.

Anyone knows how to solve that?

Best regards,
Armando

Herko
Re: Xoopseditor FCKeditor
  • 2007/3/19 14:47

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

What is the error? DOes turning on php debug give you any feedback?

Herko

seawolf
  • 2007/3/19 15:48

• seawolf

• Just popping in

In the left-below corner of the browser IE there is a message saying: Error on page.

Line: 24
Car: 67
Error: 'FCK.LinkedField.value' is nule or isn't an object
Code: 0
URL:http://localhost/dsc/class/xoopseditor/FCKeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=&Toolbar=Default

In the debug mode I only get:
All errors (0) queries (8) blocks (0) extra (0) timers (3)

The FCKeditor of the xoopseditor is 2.3.1 and I've already tryied the new 2.4 with the same results. The module tested this way is Articles of support.sirium.net. (by Andy).

I've done a new installation and I get allways the problem.

Tks,
Armando

seawolf
  • 2007/3/20 21:48

• seawolf

• Just popping in

Hello,

Everybody has Xoopseditor FCKeditor working with XOOPS 2.0.16?

Does it works? How did you reach that?

Armando

seawolf
  • 2007/3/21 20:02

• seawolf

• Just popping in

Nobody answers, where is the great community of XOOPS?

You don't use XOOPS 2.0.16 and the editor FCKeditor?

Armando

skenow
  • 2007/3/21 23:09

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

It is more dependent on the module than on XOOPS - I can use FCKeditor in XOOPS 2.0.16, the FCKeditor that comes with Frameworks 1.10 and Wiwimod 0.8.3 just fine.

chiho
  • 2007/4/21 16:31

• chiho

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/2 4

Quote:

skenow wrote:
It is more dependent on the module than on XOOPS - I can use FCKeditor in XOOPS 2.0.16, the FCKeditor that comes with Frameworks 1.10 and Wiwimod 0.8.3 just fine.

I am using 2.0.16 and editied the /include/comment_form.php but no success. Would you mind give me some hints how to make FCKEditor work in XOOPS 2.0.16?

Thanks.

AndyM
  • 2007/4/21 16:45

• AndyM

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/31

I've had reports of FCKeditor not working in my Articles module under 2.0.16 (from the XOOPS editors 1.10 package).

After some investigation, I found that people were experiencing the same error in other web apps besides XOOPS. This suggests that there is/was a problem with FCKeditor that causes errors with certain versions of XOOPS.

Installation of an older, separate, version of FCKeditor works fine.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing wrong with the way the editor is called from the modules, so whether this is something that can be cured by updating the version of FCKeditor in the XOOPSeditor package, I don't know.

seawolf
  • 2007/4/25 17:22

• seawolf

• Just popping in

I'm still trying to setup FCKeditor working on Articles 1.03 using XOOPS 2.0.16. I've made several installations without success.

With XOOPS 2.2.4 and Articles 1.03 it works very well with the most recent version of FCKeditor. I don't now enough to understand if the problem is on the module or in XOOPS 2.0.16. But we must change to 2.0.16 because we don’t know if we’ll have a continuity on versions 2.2.x / 2.3.x. It seems the future will be based on 2.0.16 (we don’t know when we will have a new version).

The old versions of FCKeditor don´t copy/past well the superscript and subscript from a text in word, namely for the usual references.

Anyone as a good experience?

Best regards / Cumprimentos / Saudações Navais
Armando

mboyden
  • 2007/4/25 21:38

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I, too, am running into the same issue. I am running XoopsFrameworks 1.10 and XoopsEditor 1.10 on XOOPS 2.0.16 with SmartSection (you have to edit the smartsection functions.php file to point to FCKed correctly). The editor generally works fine, except for dealing with images.

Per this post, I created the uploads/fckeditor/ directories as specified and checked the file permissions, I made sure the uploader was enabled in the configuration file. I also tried manually loading some image files via FTP into those directories. I see none of the images in the FCKeditor image manager, and can't upload a file or create a directory, either, with FCKeditor. I'm afraid that maybe I've not got something configured quite right, either, but for the life of me I can't figure it out, yet. Still working on it because I too want this to work.

I also tried making these directories in the smartsection module. I also tried copying the module files into the smartsection directory.

I wouldn't expect this to be that hard. I'm usually pretty good at following directions (such as those posted on the XOOPSEditor site for FCKeditor). I'm now to the point of frustration.

Mark
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits