Ng_miennam
There is no "Module Admin rights" & "Module Access rights "?
  • 2007/3/15 13:10

• Ng_miennam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/15

Hi,
I am a newbie, and I have a little problem of setting up a new XOOPS website, help please?

I just setup my local new website using XOOPS version 2.0.16.
Everything seems to be going well, I guess, except that when I login as wesmaster, even I added some modules, I don't see any of them in the rows "Module Admin rights" & "Module Access rights". Those rows are blank!
On the control panel home, I only see a block: "System Admin", that's it!

Question: What can I do to have these "Module Admin rights" & "Module Access rights" so that I can grant access or admin rights?

Second question: how can I set up to have something for Filenmanager, that allows webmaster or some specific groups to be able to upload files to the server?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Ng_miennam

Ng_miennam
Re: There is no "Module Admin rights" & "Module Access rights "?
  • 2007/3/15 14:04

• Ng_miennam

• Just popping in

My questions may be not clear enough:

There are no any module is listed in "Module Admin rights" & "Module Access rights" sections on the "Edit Groups" panel!

Question:
What can I do to have modules are listed in these "Module Admin rights" & "Module Access rights" so that I can grant access or admin rights to certain groups?

Thanks,
ng_miennam

jensclas

ok - that makes a bit more sense - have you uploaded and installed any modules? XOOPS does not come with ready made modules. You need to do these at the completion of your installation. Once you have modules installed then some should appear to be administered in the module admin rights area you are asking about. So...our next question is what modules have you actually installed? We presume you have XOOPS 2.0.16 running? Please check the read before you post below to discover how to give enough info for quick answers to problems.

Ng_miennam
  • 2007/3/15 22:49

• Ng_miennam

• Just popping in

Yes - You are right. I actually didn't install any other module.
Now I have another problem ( I did checked the forum and did research about File Manager V3 by WebJef) I install File Manager V3 and it sounds like I can navigate the any folder. I can see all folder from the root directory, but when I double click on the folder ( from that installed Filemanager) nothing happens

Any idea I can fix this?

Thanks

skenow
  • 2007/3/16 0:08

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

The behavior you are describing sounds like something discussed in the comments for that download (I know, because I made some of those comments) - Filemanager will not work if your web server has register_globals turned off (a recommended setting).

The comments also lists some fixes for this problem - I recommend the code by drekka. Insert that in admin/index.php as the post by CoolPops suggests.

Ng_miennam
  • 2007/3/16 18:41

• Ng_miennam

• Just popping in

yep,
You're , inserting the code (by drekka) in admin/index.php as the post by CoolPops suggests. that fixes the problem!

Thanks a lot!

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits