mesol
Confused with MyDownloads
  • 2007/3/9 18:18

• mesol

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/4/19

I want to provide to my site users a module that could allow them to upload their files. And I found MyDownloads module.

But when I installed and try to upload file, the submission form look like this:
Resized Image

What is the problem? To upload a file, user should upload that file into another 3rd party storage because user should enter the download url instead of browse and find the file locally.

When I visit Samarise.com, I found that the webmaster of Samarize also using MyDownloads module. But the submission form look like this:
Resized Image

Its allow user to upload file locally. How to configure MyDownloads module to set like Samurize website?

wizanda
Re: Confused with MyDownloads
  • 2007/3/9 18:59

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

It's a very hacked version of mydownloads and if you find out which version, I would like a copy also, as it has rating on the page.

JMorris
  • 2007/3/9 19:01

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

If you want to shorten your hack time, Herve has put together a version of MyDownloads that has upload support.

Here's the link
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

mesol
  • 2007/3/9 19:10

• mesol

• Not too shy to talk

Hi JMorris, is it the hacked version? I think, I download MyDownloads from there before.

By the way, I contacted Samurize's webmaster and ask if he can share the module with me or not.

mesol
  • 2007/3/9 19:16

• mesol

• Not too shy to talk

I download it once again and upload it in my test server (localhost). It's the same but in the changelog

Quote:

Changelog

v1.4
- You can now select where to upload files and if you want to rename files (thanks to Shine)

JMorris
  • 2007/3/9 19:25

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Mesol,

This module won't automatically give you file upload support via the end-user interface, but what it does offer you is all the necessary components to add that functionality yourself. Since Herve has already defined upload functionality in the administration of the module, it's just a matter of studying the administration section code and adapting that code to the end-user section. There is a certain amount of trial and error involved, but that will only make you more knowledgable.

Also, once you are successful in hacking the upload into the end-user interface, you can submit your work to Herve and others will be able to benefit.

If you are not comfortable with hacking at the PHP, you may want to contact Herve and make a feature request. He's pretty receptive about these things. He's added stuff I've requested before.

HTH.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

wizanda
  • 2007/3/9 19:51

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Personally after just hacking mydownloads also, i like what sumarize has done, so hope they will allow for a download copy of mydownloads....we shall see

mesol
  • 2007/3/13 2:25

• mesol

• Not too shy to talk

The webmaster of Samurize give me the download url of hacked mydownloads. The link is here:

http://www.adamcoulthard.co.uk/samurize/mydownload.zip

I try it myself, nothing different between the original mydownloads module. But I didn't go through the code. I hope wizanda could have fun with code. I'mnot PHP person.

wizanda
  • 2007/3/13 2:39

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Thxz always learning

MadFish
  • 2007/3/13 3:21

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Mesol: If you want a download module that allows file submission (without hacking anything), you could try WF-Downloads.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits