eejut
A couple of Questions
  • 2007/3/7 11:52

• eejut

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/16

Hello peeps
Question 1:
I want to turn my 'anti-leech' on to stop linking,but when i do it blocks my users too because of the bar that appears after they click the download link: pic below
Resized Image
which when they 'ok' the bar request, it reloads the page,but then the anti leech sees this as an attempt to leech a link and refuses the download
Plus the 'click here' actually gives them the direct link to the file, thus giving them the opportunity to cpy the link and send it out on the internet(hence the need for anti leech)
How do i set it so they, my members,when they click a download link it immediatly offers them a save target,rather then moving to that page and in turn getting that internet bar ?

Question 2:
if my host currently runs PHP version 4.4.4, what Zend optimiser should they also be running?
as many of my modules have either stopped working or part work

i very much appreciate you taking the time to read thsi post and hopefully somebosy can help me with these queries
best wishes...

eejut
Re: A couple of Questions
  • 2007/3/7 23:25

• eejut

• Just popping in

nobody wanting to help me?
i would really appreciate it if they could take the time out to help

vaughan
  • 2007/3/7 23:35

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

use wf-downloads 3.1

it masks the file location on the server by issuing a unique filename. you can also set the path to store the files outside of the web root.

as for 2. they should work, but your host may have to upgrade zend optimizer if they haven't already so that they have the correct zend version for their php version.

eejut
  • 2007/3/7 23:40

• eejut

• Just popping in

yay! a reply !
iam currently using pddownloads, would wf-downloads 3.1 show all my current downloads etc perfectly the same as they are with PD?

the reason i wanted to know what the correct version of zend optimizer is for PHP version 4.4.4, is so i can email the host and when they get back to me, i would know they have the correct version
if u get my logic

vaughan
  • 2007/3/7 23:59

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

haven't used pd-downloads but it is based on wf-downloads 2.0.5 so the layouts are similar, but wf-downloads has many extras including a complete new mirror system which has potential to be a lot more useful in future versions.

the downloads section on http://smartfactory.ca uses the current 3.1 release of wfdownloads, so you maybe able to get the feel of it from there. either way you should be able to run both alongside each other for comparison, and altho it isn't included with wfd 3.1, we have an update script which i think is to be included in 3.2 which can import from pd-downloads, wmpdownloads & mydownloads. the current only imports from mydownloads.

as for zend versions, i can't say off hand. maybe some1 will chip in here with that info, but you might try looking at http://www.php.net & http://www.zend.com

eejut
  • 2007/3/8 0:05

• eejut

• Just popping in

Many thanks for your replies, i will go over and take a look at your suggestions
how far aay is the 3.2 version from being released?

thanks again

Login

Who's Online

423 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 422

heyula,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!