middleton
FlashChat
  • 2007/3/5 20:42

• middleton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/21

Greetings,

I just wanted to pass along info about a chat I found for Xoops, it's called "FlashChat" -- found at Darren's Script Archive.

It doesn't integrate as a XOOPS module per se (older versions did), however it does access your XOOPS user db, so once installed, your members do not have to re-login to access the chat. You can also create a custom HTML block that displays the chat rooms and who is currently in them. I also managed to create a simple php file, so it runs in my XOOPS framework within an i-frame.

The best part? It's really good software (from my experience anyway), and costs a meager $5 USD!

It's working well for me so far.

Brad

attock
Re: FlashChat
  • 2007/3/6 5:50

• attock

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/20

Thanks

I was lookin for it

doornotdo
  • 2007/4/4 5:45

• doornotdo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/4 5

Quote:

middleton wrote:
Greetings,

I just wanted to pass along info about a chat I found for Xoops, it's called "FlashChat" -- found at Darren's Script Archive.

It doesn't integrate as a XOOPS module per se (older versions did), however it does access your XOOPS user db, so once installed, your members do not have to re-login to access the chat. You can also create a custom HTML block that displays the chat rooms and who is currently in them. I also managed to create a simple php file, so it runs in my XOOPS framework within an i-frame.

The best part? It's really good software (from my experience anyway), and costs a meager $5 USD!

It's working well for me so far.

Brad

Well, let me guess, maybe the number of the users of your forum is not that big. I myself used it previously, but,god, my god!!! It sucks whenever the users of my forum exceed 20!!
You know what, I had to restart my forum again and again!!Terrible nightmare! Made me lost many customers!

tmreg
  • 2007/4/5 14:15

• tmreg

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/20

I am using this for a church youth group site. I certainly do not have that many users on the site that would cause it to crash, but it has worked well for me so far.
-Matt

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits