Tyson0317
Why is the script putting the slash the wrong way?!
  • 2007/3/2 7:08

• Tyson0317

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/21

Hi guys,

When installing any module, the new module install goes great, but then when loading the module I get a blank screen!! I can turn on debugging in XOOPS because the XOOPS core does work.

After a screen full of BS, I have this at the bottom:

Warning [PHP]: Smarty::include(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xoops/templates_c\%%38^38D^38D8A5E1%%db%3Axoopsmembers_searchform.html.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1255
Warning [PHP]: Smarty::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xoops/templates_c\%%38^38D^38D8A5E1%%db%3Axoopsmembers_searchform.html.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in file C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1255

Does anyone else nottice that the path statement has a slash before templates_c that is facing the wrong way?!?!?! The slash should be a \ instead of / - no wonder it cannot find the path!!

Ok, so how do I fix this?

System:
Win2k3 Std
IIS
PHP 5
MySQL 4.1

Anonymous
Re: Why is the script putting the slash the wrong way?!
  • 2007/3/2 7:19

• Anonymous

• Since:

post deleted as probably misleading.

Tyson0317
  • 2007/3/2 8:01

• Tyson0317

• Just popping in

WTF?! How is it misleading?! The installer is doing something that placing the wrong slash into the code!!

Anonymous
  • 2007/3/2 12:17

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

Tyson0317 wrote:
WTF?! How is it misleading?! The installer is doing something that placing the wrong slash into the code!!

Sorry - I think you misunderstand.......

...I gave a reply which, having thought about it afterwards was possibly total rubbish and written without any technical knowledge on my part. So I deleted my reply and left the message above regarding my own original post being possibly misleading.

All that my reply said was that maybe the \ was there because the files were on your local machine in the same way that we used to navigate to directories/files under M$ DOS.

But that doesn't explain the mixed addresses with both \ and /, hence I deleted my post because it might have misled people.

Dave_L
  • 2007/3/2 12:26

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Are you using forward slashes (/) for the definitions of XOOPS_ROOT_PATH AND XOOPS_URL in mainfile.php?

Tyson0317
  • 2007/3/2 18:24

• Tyson0317

• Just popping in

The mainfile by default has slashes like this / in both the path and the url statement - however note that in Windows path statements the slashes should go the other way... ie c:\inetpub\...

I tried manually changing them to \ but nothing changed. I also tried to change the slash in DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR statement, but that only made things worse, so I put everything back. Do note though, that my working XOOPS install has the slashes the wrong way in mainfile.php also and it works... The setting must be elsewhere.

Anyhow, I think that this is my problem - somehow the XOOPS installer routines are putting in the wrong slashes in various places - this has to be a setting somewhere!!

vaughan
  • 2007/3/2 19:06

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

I tried manually changing them to \ but nothing changed. I also tried to change the slash in DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR statement, but that only made things worse, so I put everything back. Do note though, that my working XOOPS install has the slashes the wrong way in mainfile.php also and it works... The setting must be elsewhere.

Anyhow, I think that this is my problem - somehow the XOOPS installer routines are putting in the wrong slashes in various places - this has to be a setting somewhere!!

nope. it's not a setting somewhere.

when you edited mainfile.php and changed the path to use backslah instead. you also need to clear templates_c & possibly cache folder, as the compiled pages will still contain the forward slash /

Peekay
  • 2007/3/2 19:34

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

For Windows + IIS, the correct syntax for mainfile.php is:

define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH''c:/inetpub/wwwroot/mydirectory');

define('XOOPS_URL''http://192.168.*.***/mydirectory');

Use forward slashes. No trailing slashes. If you want to test the site using another computer on the same LAN, use the DHCP IP address of the computer (as shown) for XOOPS_URL. Otherwise 'localhost' will do.

HTH
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Tyson0317
  • 2007/3/2 20:04

• Tyson0317

• Just popping in

I restored the mainfile to where it was by default - the way you showed, with the slashes the wrong way and no trailing slashes.

I also tried to empty the templates_c folder. This gave me a bunch of "file not found" PHP errors. So I put everything back... Site is still broken...

JCDunnart
  • 2007/3/2 20:26

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

The slashes being the 'wrong' way isn't important - php can handle that.

Is your templates_c folder write enabled? Check if there are any compiled templates in there for the new modules you installed.

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits